Original topic:

Smart View, Bluetooth stopped working

(Topic created: 04-07-2022 05:16 PM)
CustomCam
Asteroid
Options
Samsung Apps and Services
I just recently got the S22 Ultra and smart view, Dex, Bluetooth all worked on my 2018 Samsung Q7 TV when I first got my new phone. A software update came through about a week ago for my phone and ever since I cannot connect to my TV now. I spent 3 hours on the phone with Tech support for both the TV and my phone and the conclusion they came to was I needed to pay a technician to come to my house to try and fix the problem. I can barely afford to feed myself right now definitely don't have any spare money to get this working. Has anyone else had this problem recently?
7 Replies
user_ams007
Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Open the settings for your connections >More connections >enable nearby device scanning >make sure that you have Bluetooth enabled, then pull down the menu and select smart view and then select your TVScreenshot_20220407-213126_Finder_1346_1649381487.jpg
0 Likes
CustomCam
Asteroid
Options
Yep I got all that done. I think the problem is with the software update. I just went through the smart things app and my TV is no longer listed to work with the smartthings app. My TV is a 2018 model and the oldest on their list is 2019. So I guess I need to buy another $2500 TV to work with my almost free new phone!😆
0 Likes
user_ams007
Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
It should work, try paring your phone with your TV
0 Likes
CustomCam
Asteroid
Options
The TV doesn't recognize my phone anymore so I cannot get into pairing on the TV. I've got my phone and my TV both on the same wireless network. I've reset my phone. I've cleared the cache in the engineering start up screen. The phone techs cleared the cashe for anything to do with connecting Bluetooth and Screen Mirror. Reset all settings. I've unplugged the TV and reset it. I've restarted my network modem. I reset my TV back to factory. There's probably a little button in some obscure menu that needs switched.
0 Likes
CartyB
Astronaut
Options
It's the software update, been having the same problem with my Bluetooth headphones
0 Likes
user_ams007
Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Also, make sure that have the TV and phone are on the same network
0 Likes
prettylilthangg
Astronaut
Options
Samsung has software downloads for most of any of devices, just got to find a app to open and download it go hot devices through USB adapter my Samsung bar and subs are 2019 and my last up date was like 4-5 updates to late! So I've been sitting here reading every single policy, support, updates, firmware, software, there's like 6 more thing's...if life isn't enough with bottle feeding 10 puppies and a dog, 4yr old I'm going NUTS without my systems not pairing or even finding a solution 🤷‍:female_sign:🙄🤦‍:female_sign:
0 Likes