JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

The new Weather app animations have nothing to do with the weather

(Topic created: 11-18-2022 03:16 PM)
MrGainz
Astronaut
Options
Samsung Apps and Services

I don't like that the new weather app animations have nothing to do with the weather sometimes. Like i get eggs and asparagus on a night when it's snowing!! I want more snow and a moon then. I like that stuff has been added but it doesn't make sense. It should be changed to match the current weather like it used to be.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Samsung_Moderator
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options

Thank you for reaching out and welcome to the community. We appreciate your feedback and will tag it on the forum so that it will appear with other feedback, ideas, and requests. This will allow your post to be more easily found in the event that Samsung product groups are seeking outside feedback/requests/ideas regarding our products.

View solution in context

0 Likes
9 Replies
user751201tmO21
Honored Contributor
Options
Use another
0 Likes
MrGainz
Astronaut
Options
I could but I like the default one until this update
rdskin00
Constellation
Options
I agree that Samsung has an opportunity to make improvements in the weather app and also the always on display for that matter. My old LG V30 that was running Android Pie had amazing weather animations, especially on the AOD. When it was cloudy, I had clouds. When it rained I saw it rain, it even had little droplets on screen as if the screen was a window to outside and they ran down the screen, snow, sleet, storms, lightning etc. They integrated the entire gamut of weather events as well as the intensity levels as well. It was really quite beautiful. I was really quite disappointed in the weather app and AOD feeling unrefined for flagship. I wish Samsung would take a peek at what LG was doing successfully....It made me feel like I had downgraded devices. Hopefully Samsung makes significant improvements there.
user01MKvM6E0j
Constellation
Options
I agree that the weather app is dumb! I miss the animated rain & snow & everything fun!!
0 Likes
oldschoolbiker
Astronaut
Options
I'm all business all the time and I don't like fluff or fillers in the app. I want the flowers,birds, balloons and other childish artwork and animations gone permanently. 
Oxford
Neutron Star
Options
Get a different weather app?
0 Likes
oldschoolbiker
Astronaut
Options
I liked the app just fine until the android 12 ( against my will) update.
Solution
Samsung_Moderator
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options

Thank you for reaching out and welcome to the community. We appreciate your feedback and will tag it on the forum so that it will appear with other feedback, ideas, and requests. This will allow your post to be more easily found in the event that Samsung product groups are seeking outside feedback/requests/ideas regarding our products.

0 Likes
N8fox
Astronaut
Options
Weatherbug has been my go to for at least 10 years. Fairly simple and hadn't changed to much. Accurate as well.
0 Likes