JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Trouble syncing Samsung Notes between Galaxy Tab s4 and Galaxy s10

(Topic created: 02-13-2023 01:21 PM)
DJSomers
Cosmic Ray
Options
Samsung Apps and Services

Hi. Up until a couple of days ago I had no problem syncing between my 2 devices. Today, I learned from Samsung that the s4 is no longer compatible with syncing Samsung Notes to the s10  even though the version of both Notes is the same.  At this point I haven't run into any sync issues with other apps. 

Has anyone else run into this problem? I knew it was about time to get a new tablet as I'm starting to run out of storage, but I had planned to wait another year, or until I was out of space.   

Thanks.

0 Likes

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
DJSomers
Cosmic Ray
Options

Bill, I wanted to get back with you since you were so good to try to help. You were absolutely correct about the 2 devices syncing. Please refer to my screenshot above from a week ago re: Note Conflict. I had been afraid to click on one of the options when this message popped up indicating a problem, fearing I would lose important Notes on one device or the other. I finally got so frustrated that I just clicked on the first one, to keep the Notes on the Galaxy s10, figuring I was not going to be able to use the Notes app on the Tab s4 anymore anyway. Much my surprise, Notes on both devices then synced with no problem. I don't why the Note Conflict message came up in the first place since nothing has changed. I apologize for taking so much of your time. I also wanted to let others know about this so they hopefully won't go through what I did if the Note Conflict message pops up on their phone or tablet.   

View solution in context

0 Likes
13 Replies
bill-e
Epic Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
My notes are syncing between my Tab S4, Tab S8U and S21U

Try clearing the Notes app cache.
** If my response helps, please click on Like (Heart). If I resolved your issue also please click on Accept as a Solution so that others can benefit.

Bill
---
Galaxy Fold 5 512g(VZW), Galaxy Book (original, VZW), Tab S8 Ultra, Tab S4, Galaxy Watch6Classic 47mm(VZW), Galaxy Watch5Pro(VZW), M8 Smart Monitor
DJSomers
Cosmic Ray
Options
Thanks, bill-e. I cleared the cache on both devices but that didn't work.
Here is a copy of the message that I get on my phone, but no message on the tablet. I'm guessing I'll only be able to use Notes on my phone. šŸ˜ž I know both are older now & that I'll even need to update the s10 sooner than I would like. The Tab s4 is not a primary device & I just bought a new laptop, so not worth it right now to buy a new tablet when mine is still working fine, except for Notes.
1676429356970_1676429356953_0.jpg
0 Likes
bill-e
Options

If I remember correctly, the Tab S4 originally came with S Note which was deprecated and replaced by Samsung Notes.  The note format was different between the two apps.  Make sure that you are running Samsung Notes on the tab and it should work. 

** If my response helps, please click on Like (Heart). If I resolved your issue also please click on Accept as a Solution so that others can benefit.

Bill
---
Galaxy Fold 5 512g(VZW), Galaxy Book (original, VZW), Tab S8 Ultra, Tab S4, Galaxy Watch6Classic 47mm(VZW), Galaxy Watch5Pro(VZW), M8 Smart Monitor
DJSomers
Cosmic Ray
Options

Bill, I've had trouble posting and had to ask Customer Support for help, so I hope this goes through. I really appreciate your suggestions. For both devices, the app is Samsung Notes. The icon is a little white tab in a red, oval-shaped circle, if that makes any sense. When I search for the app in Google Play Store, the message comes up saying "This app won't play on your device." And, it no longer shows there that the app is installed, altho it is. Going into my Apps under Settings, "About" says the latest version is installed, which goes back to the problem being with the tablet rather than the app. 

0 Likes
DJSomers
Cosmic Ray
Options

DJSomers_1-1676663765902.png

0 Likes
bill-e
Options

OK, and when you go into the Notes settings you have Sync with Samsung Cloud toggled on correct..... and you are using the same Samsung.com account on all devices? 

Bill
---
DJSomers
Cosmic Ray
Options

My email address is syncing with my Samsung account. Both devices are connected to the same account. I searched in my apps and the only cloud that I have is Verizon. There is no indication of a Samsung cloud.

There are other  definite differences. I posted this afternoon using my laptop and had no problem copying, pasting, or inserting the screenshot. However, I'm now using my tablet and can not copy or paste or insert another picture trying to show this information.

0 Likes
bill-e
Options

Under Accounts and backup you should see your Samsung Cloud.  Click on that amd make sure Samsung Notes is toggled on for syncing. 

Screenshot_20230218-094816_Settings.jpg

Screenshot_20230218-095444_Samsung Cloud.jpg

Bill
---
Solution
DJSomers
Cosmic Ray
Options

Bill, I wanted to get back with you since you were so good to try to help. You were absolutely correct about the 2 devices syncing. Please refer to my screenshot above from a week ago re: Note Conflict. I had been afraid to click on one of the options when this message popped up indicating a problem, fearing I would lose important Notes on one device or the other. I finally got so frustrated that I just clicked on the first one, to keep the Notes on the Galaxy s10, figuring I was not going to be able to use the Notes app on the Tab s4 anymore anyway. Much my surprise, Notes on both devices then synced with no problem. I don't why the Note Conflict message came up in the first place since nothing has changed. I apologize for taking so much of your time. I also wanted to let others know about this so they hopefully won't go through what I did if the Note Conflict message pops up on their phone or tablet.   

0 Likes