JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

A21 not able to install "new" Smartthings App

(Topic created: 09-27-2020 10:29 AM)
userDl0bAYADbn
Constellation
Options
Smart Home Support

I am about to give up on the "new" Smartthings. I have tried everything to install on Samsung A21 but to no success. Using Smartthings Classic works but after required integration you are left stranded. Google play says that "new version is not compatible with this device" , The Galaxy Store does not even list it and any attempt to sideload results in "failure to install app". I have searched the forums and other people are having the same issue but, there are no "real" replies. Does the A21 work with the "new" Smartthings app or not? .....Thanks

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
SamsungAdam
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Smart Home Support

I would recommend reaching out to our Smart Things team directly at 1-800-726-7864 for further assistance.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

View solution in context

0 Likes
4 Replies
Solution
SamsungAdam
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Smart Home Support

I would recommend reaching out to our Smart Things team directly at 1-800-726-7864 for further assistance.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

0 Likes
bre99967
Astronaut
Options
Smart Home Support
this is still a problem. has any solution been offered?
0 Likes
userDl0bAYADbn
Constellation
Options
Smart Home Support

It will not install on the A21 because it needs 2 gigs of "dedicated" ram and while the A21 has 2 gigs of ram the phone uses part of it and therefore there is not enough left. I had to use a tablet with 3 gigs of ram to get it to work ....crazy that you need 2 gigs of "dedicated" ram for an android app like that to work.

bre99967
Astronaut
Options
Smart Home Support
oh wow. that's a little ridiculous.