JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Smart view aspect ratio setting does not work

(Topic created: 12-20-2020 03:31 AM)
useryJLPvwjft2
Asteroid
Options
Smart Home Support

I have a Galaxy Tab S7 plus and the loating icon on smart view disappeared. Now I cannot adjust the screen aspect to my tv. On the settings the options needed are grey and I cannot activate the floating icon. i have tried everything. i think this happened when I bought a samsung serif tv to my summer house and installed the smart things app. Anyway, I have tried everything except factory reset, which I really do not want to do. Pls help.

0 Likes

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
useryJLPvwjft2
Asteroid
Options
Smart Home Support

Aaaand...it worked!!! Thank you so much!! In fact, clearing the cashe and data did not work but I forced the app to close. Then as I re-opened all was good. I think it is way too difficult for a normal consumer to understand how to fix this kind of problem. Normally forcing to stop and opening again fixes problems. This one was complicated.

View solution in context

7 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable
Options
Smart Home Support

I am sorry to hear about this. Have you tried clearing the cache and data on the Smart View app?

0 Likes
useryJLPvwjft2
Asteroid
Options
Smart Home Support

This is the real problem: I do not have an app called Smart View. It should be in settings/apps but no.. Tried to find one from play store but there is no such app. Also tried to find a way to upgrade the system software but since it is already updated, I cannot do that. The smart view icon is in the system as I wipe down on the screen. I think the app disappeared in last update, that is the only explanation I have. I would not like to do a factory reset...

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable
Options
Smart Home Support

When you go to Settings>Apps, you will need to tap the menu (3 dots, upper right) icon and select Show System Apps to find the Smart View app.

0 Likes
Solution
useryJLPvwjft2
Asteroid
Options
Smart Home Support

Aaaand...it worked!!! Thank you so much!! In fact, clearing the cashe and data did not work but I forced the app to close. Then as I re-opened all was good. I think it is way too difficult for a normal consumer to understand how to fix this kind of problem. Normally forcing to stop and opening again fixes problems. This one was complicated.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Options
Smart Home Support

I am glad it is working for you, and I apologize for forgetting about the Force Stop step in the reset.

0 Likes
useryJLPvwjft2
Asteroid
Options
Smart Home Support

No probs. You made my day anyway.  

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable
Options
Smart Home Support

Happy to help!