JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

SmartThings won't register my QN90A Samsung Neo

(Topic created: 01-26-2022 11:02 AM)
Members_HtQXQaJ
Asteroid
Options
Smart Home Support

I trying to add my tv (device) to SmartThings ap on my Google Pixel 6 phone, the app discovers the TV but get stuck on registering screen.  My ultimate goal is to have motion alerts received from Ring Doorbell on my tv, the Ring device added to SmartThings without any issues. 

All apps, firmware has been updated on all devices and suspect this may be an temporary issue with Samsung servers? 

0 Likes

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Members_HtQXQaJ
Asteroid
Options
Smart Home Support

Update: You don't need to register your TV in SmartThings first off because it add devices from main account automatedly. I was having issues adding the Ring device to my SmartThings app on TV only because I have 2 accounts and was on the wrong one.

I added the Ring Doorbell 4 but it still won't work which might mean it's just not compatible with SmartThings yet so I will further troubleshoot in the Ring forums.

View solution in context

0 Likes
2 Replies
Solution
Members_HtQXQaJ
Asteroid
Options
Smart Home Support

Update: You don't need to register your TV in SmartThings first off because it add devices from main account automatedly. I was having issues adding the Ring device to my SmartThings app on TV only because I have 2 accounts and was on the wrong one.

I added the Ring Doorbell 4 but it still won't work which might mean it's just not compatible with SmartThings yet so I will further troubleshoot in the Ring forums.

0 Likes
Members_HtQXQaJ
Asteroid
Options
Smart Home Support

Another update: After update and adding 2nd cam Smart-Things App now shows CCTV service which I can view both cam live on TV, but still not receiving motion notification updates via TV. In notification options on Smart-Things TV App it is not showing any connected cams? 

0 Likes