Original topic:

New Tab S7+ issues with DEX

(Topic created: 05-23-2021 03:03 PM)
userPcfl3lEPL1
Asteroid
Options
Tablets

I am still in the process of setting up my tablet and, right now, I am having 2 issues with DEX. If I'm missing something critical, I'd really appreciate feedback. 

1. The mouse cursor is blurry in DEX mode. In tablet-mode, the cursor is slightly larger and pixel-perfect. Is there a setting that I've missed or is this a known issue? I suspect I am comparing the Android system cursor to the one that Samsung has implemented in DEX. 

2. Running apps in full-screen in DEX means nearly everything has a top-bar (not the bottom start-bar), that I cannot get rid of. I've tried enabling DEX developer mode, and the feature in labs that lets unsupported apps be resized. 

At this point, I'm not seeing the point of DEX. It's a novelty to show off a desktop-esque environment on my tablet, but nearly every feature exists in the standard Tablet-mode. Sure, I can't stack a bunch of windows, but I'm not sure why anyone would want more than 2 apps side-by-side on this screen. 
8 Replies
Options
Tablets
I think the most i stacked one time was like 4 apps. I had instagram open pictures, videos, and text messages. And I wasn't in Dex mode
0 Likes
TheGalaxy
Black Hole
Options
Tablets
You can use up to 20 apps if charging
0 Likes
TheGalaxy
Black Hole
Options
Tablets
Clear data of all dex related app
0 Likes
userPcfl3lEPL1
Asteroid
Options
Tablets

This is not possible on my tablet as I see it. There is no DeX app listed under apps. I have enabled the "show system apps function".

0 Likes
TheGalaxy
Black Hole
Options
Tablets
In that case install stock firmware
0 Likes
userPcfl3lEPL1
Asteroid
Options
Tablets
I'm definitely not about to reset this whole tablet to solve an issue that will likely come right back. I'll return it instead
0 Likes
TheGalaxy
Black Hole
Options
Tablets
I don't see how eliminating the problem is the solution to the problem.
0 Likes
userPcfl3lEPL1
Asteroid
Options
Tablets
If I no longer own the tablet, and I buy an ipad, then I will no longer have to deal with these issues. I am willing to bet a significant sum of money that a complete reset/reinstall will not fix these or any other problems I'm experiencing. In the end, I will only have wasted my time.
0 Likes