JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Samsung Tab 2 password

(Topic created: 02-14-2024 07:34 AM)
bcagle
Constellation
Options
Tablets

My parents gave me a Samsung Tab 2 and I am unable to log into google play to update the browser which says is no longer supported. I have no issue logging into google from any other device. I have done a master reset and still cannot use it. I read a previous thread that said the previous email account should have been removed prior to doing the reset but I didnt know. I have tried logging in with my parents email that was on it previously and get the same error message the username or password is incorrect we have both reset passwords to ensure we were entering the correct information. I am at a loss samsung 1.jpgsamsung 2.jpg

0 Likes

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
bill-e
Epic Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Tablets

You need to use your mother's email to log into Samsung. Com  If you can't do that then you're suck.  Only the account used to setup the tablet can be used.  If you can get into Samsung. coom using your mother's email and maybe selecting "forgot password" then you can try findmymobile.samsung.com using the same email and password to get into the tablet. 

** If my response helps, please click on Like (Heart). If I resolved your issue also please click on Accept as a Solution so that others can benefit.

Bill
---
Galaxy Fold 5 512g(VZW), Galaxy Book (original, VZW), Tab S8 Ultra, Tab S4, Galaxy Watch6Classic 47mm(VZW), Galaxy Watch5Pro(VZW), M8 Smart Monitor, NEO 55" QN90D TV

View solution in context

3 Replies
bill-e
Options
Tablets

You need the exact Email  that was used when the tablet was se up.  If the tablet was registered at Samsung. Com and you have that login info, then you can try findmymobile.samsung.com to reset it.  There is no way around not having access to the original email account used to set up the tablet. 

** If my response helps, please click on Like (Heart). If I resolved your issue also please click on Accept as a Solution so that others can benefit.

Bill
---
Galaxy Fold 5 512g(VZW), Galaxy Book (original, VZW), Tab S8 Ultra, Tab S4, Galaxy Watch6Classic 47mm(VZW), Galaxy Watch5Pro(VZW), M8 Smart Monitor, NEO 55" QN90D TV
0 Likes
bcagle
Constellation
Options
Tablets

Okay so if I’m able to get to that part logging into the Samsung account is there an option to remove the email from that device? I would have to do all of this from a separate device because I cannot log into email with their information or mine on the tablet itself and my moms email was definitely the one that was set up and even that won’t work

0 Likes
Solution
bill-e
Options
Tablets

You need to use your mother's email to log into Samsung. Com  If you can't do that then you're suck.  Only the account used to setup the tablet can be used.  If you can get into Samsung. coom using your mother's email and maybe selecting "forgot password" then you can try findmymobile.samsung.com using the same email and password to get into the tablet. 

Bill
---