JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Samsung Tab S7+ Spell Check not Working with Keyboard Attached

(Topic created: 03-09-2022 07:33 AM)
tmoney91
Asteroid
Options
Tablets
When I am on outlook or teams or gmail or any other typing function the spell check on the tablet does not work... Is there anyway to engage the spell check when the keyboard is attached? Seems very odd that I cannot find a way to turn it on or get the spellcheck working... Please help.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
JDOGWIN
Astronaut
Options
Tablets
With external keyboard attached the spell check doesn't work since it's enabled through Samsung keyboard. Alternatively you can get a third party spell check tool and that should work

View solution in context

0 Likes
15 Replies
NPC1
Red Giant
Options
Tablets
I don't have that tablet, but I assume you looked in keyboard settings?
0 Likes
Solution
JDOGWIN
Astronaut
Options
Tablets
With external keyboard attached the spell check doesn't work since it's enabled through Samsung keyboard. Alternatively you can get a third party spell check tool and that should work
0 Likes
tmoney91
Asteroid
Options
Tablets
Samsung needs to fix this! I looked at all setting and even downloaded Google keyboard and that didn't even work
bill-e
Epic Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Tablets

Android does not have autocorrect compatibility with external keyboards but some of the keyboard replacements do.  I use Swiftkey.  Follow the setup instructions in the link below and you will have a menu bar and spelling suggestions along the bottom of the screen. Works very well.

https://support.swiftkey.com/hc/en-us/articles/201591341-How-to-use-Microsoft-SwiftKey-with-physical...

** If my response helps, please click on Like (Heart). If I resolved your issue also please click on Accept as a Solution so that others can benefit.

Bill
---
Galaxy Fold 5 512g(VZW), Galaxy Book (original, VZW), Tab S8 Ultra, Tab S4, Galaxy Watch6Classic 47mm(VZW), Galaxy Watch5Pro(VZW), M8 Smart Monitor
0 Likes
tmoney91
Asteroid
Options
Tablets
That's just dumb. When they pitch it as a computer that doesn't really work
0 Likes
useryzWkt3TPEA
Astronaut
Options
Tablets

Any update on this?   This is a HUGE oversight, especially when they are trying to tout this as a hybrid laptop replacement.  

bill-e
Epic Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Tablets
Submit an error report via Samsung Members app
** If my response helps, please click on Like (Heart). If I resolved your issue also please click on Accept as a Solution so that others can benefit.

Bill
---
Galaxy Fold 5 512g(VZW), Galaxy Book (original, VZW), Tab S8 Ultra, Tab S4, Galaxy Watch6Classic 47mm(VZW), Galaxy Watch5Pro(VZW), M8 Smart Monitor
tmoney91
Asteroid
Options
Tablets
Can't the ambassador do that? Got to make Samsung better
0 Likes
user9n0kPxyXh0
Asteroid
Options
Tablets

Premium Samsung S series tablet and phones haven't external keyboard spelling check in year 2022

0 Likes