Original topic:

Security Update and Android 12 Schedule for Tablets

(Topic created: 10-01-2022 09:29 AM)
bill-e
Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Tablets

As of this date

These are the tablets getting Android 12.

@mariamar12  The Tab S4 Android 10 is the last OS update. 

Tablets receiving quarterly security updates
  • Galaxy Tab A7, Galaxy Tab A7 Lite, Galaxy Tab A8, Galaxy Tab Active Pro, Galaxy Tab Active3, Galaxy Tab Active4 Pro
  • Galaxy Tab S6 Lite, Galaxy Tab S7, Galaxy Tab S7+, Galaxy Tab S7 FE, Galaxy Tab S8, Galaxy Tab S8+, Galaxy Tab S8 Ultra

Tablets receiving Biannual Security updates

• Galaxy Tab A 8 (2019), Galaxy Tab A 10.1 (2019), Galaxy Tab A with S pen, Galaxy Tab A 8.4 (2020)
  • Galaxy Tab S5e, Galaxy Tab S6, Galaxy Tab S6 5G,

Tab S4 was previously on this list but it is no longer so the update we received in September is likely the last one. 

All info from Sammobil.Com and and security.samsungmobile.com/workScope.smsb

** If my response helps, please click on Like (Heart). If I resolved your issue also please click on Accept as a Solution so that others can benefit.

Bill
---
Galaxy S21 Ultra 512g(VZW), Galaxy Book (original, VZW), Tab S8 Ultra, Tab S4, Galaxy Watch3(VZW), M8 Smart Monitor
jimmyweda
Nebula
Options
Tablets
Where would you get the file to sideload?
0 Likes
SyCoREAPER
Comet
Options
Tablets
Looks like July is the newest build. Message me on XDA (same username) and I can point you in the right direction. Pretty sure my post would be against this communities guidelines so I don't want to post or message here.
0 Likes
jimmyweda
Nebula
Options
Tablets
Will do. Thanks
0 Likes
Mikeý
Astronaut
Options
Tablets
Would a factory reset work? Mine is doing the same and hasn't updated since may
0 Likes
bill-e
Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Tablets

It might and so might SmartSwitch.  I'd try Smart Switch first. 

Smart Switch for Windows https://www.samsung.com/global/download/smartswitchwin

Smart Switch for Mac  https://www.samsung.com/global/download/smartswitchmac/

Step 1. Connect your device to your computer using the USB cable provided with your device, and then open Smart Switch on your computer.

Step 2. If a software update is available, Smart Switch might automatically prompt you to update the software or will display an option to update

Step 3. Click Update and use the on-screen prompts to download the necessary files

Step 4. Click OK to proceed. Your device may turn off and on a few times during the update process. When the update is complete, the device returns to the Home screen.

Note: Don't disconnect the USB cable or use your device

** If my response helps, please click on Like (Heart). If I resolved your issue also please click on Accept as a Solution so that others can benefit.

Bill
---
Galaxy S21 Ultra 512g(VZW), Galaxy Book (original, VZW), Tab S8 Ultra, Tab S4, Galaxy Watch3(VZW), M8 Smart Monitor
0 Likes
Dani001
Astronaut
Options
Tablets
It was supposed to get the update in September,  but nothing happened. And the tablet doesn't have any carrier because it's wifi only. Someone already got the update in any country?,  I'm in USA.
NT457
Astronaut
Options
Tablets
I have a 2019 Galaxy Tab A and I also have been waiting for the android 12 update too.
BarrytheCrab
Astronaut
Options
Tablets
I have the Tab A T-290 2019 Kids Edition, and I suspect I am being left out of the major update due to the age of the device.
0 Likes
Caesar0571
Cosmic Ray
Options
Tablets
The updates for the tablets do not appear to come as often as the phones. At best they seem to be every other month.
0 Likes
mariamar12
Astronaut
Options
Tablets
I have a galaxy tab s4 and is in really good condition I have it since it came out a gift from my wife and is just on Android version 10 is it not getting higher than that?
0 Likes