Original topic:

Unlocked Selection for LTE tablets

(Topic created: 06-24-2022 09:18 AM)
Jess04
Comet
Options
Tablets

Hey Samsung,

As much as you want all of your current and future customers to be able to connect with one another, why would NOT offer any Unlocked LTE Tablets aside from the S5e (which you don't make any longer)? Your competitor offers all of their LTE tablets in an unlocked format. So why would you restrict your customer's purchasing options and allow customers to easily switch away from your ecosystem JUST to get a tablet that they can use on any cell phone service?
5 Replies
bill-e
Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Tablets

Verizon devices are not locked and no code is needed to move to another carrier.  I would assume that the other carriers have the same policy but check first.

https://community.verizon.com/t5/Samsung-Galaxy-S-Series/Unlocking-Samsung-galaxy-s8-to-use-with-oth...

** If my response helps, please click on Like (Heart). If I resolved your issue also please click on Accept as a Solution so that others can benefit.

Bill
---
Galaxy S21 Ultra 512g(VZW), Galaxy Book (original, VZW), Tab S8 Ultra, Tab S4, Galaxy Watch3 (VZW)
0 Likes
Jess04
Comet
Options
Tablets
I've always been told by Verizon that the devices are automatically unlocked after 2 months on their service. But obviously it's not convenient to have to get Verizon service just to buy a device that will unlocked after 60 days. They should be able to purchase a device straight from the manufacturer that is unlocked to use on a carrier that supports it.
0 Likes
bill-e
Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Tablets

My post was from Verizon stating that it was unlocked.  In any event, the reason that Samsung probably doesn't offer an unlocked version is likely that there is not enough market for it to justify maintaining an unlocked baseline at this point.

** If my response helps, please click on Like (Heart). If I resolved your issue also please click on Accept as a Solution so that others can benefit.

Bill
---
Galaxy S21 Ultra 512g(VZW), Galaxy Book (original, VZW), Tab S8 Ultra, Tab S4, Galaxy Watch3 (VZW)
0 Likes
Jess04
Comet
Options
Tablets
I saw where your post was from. But it's still an inconvenience if one wants an unlocked tablet to use on a service other than Verizon. They have enough of a market to offer select models unlocked like the S6 Lite or S7FE. People would definitely buy them. They just have to DO IT.
0 Likes
bill-e
Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Tablets

Well, maybe the ROI isn't there as demonstrated by the S6 Lite or S7FE.  If there was money in it they'd be doing it....  Or maybe it's just a rollout delay.  One can only hope.

Bill
---
0 Likes