JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

DVE55A7300E "forgets" settings upon power off/power on

(Topic created: 07-23-2022 11:41 AM)
usertDPwOQjUec
Astronaut
Options
Washers and Dryers

I've just bought a new dryer DVE55A7300E and matching washer to replace my 10-yr old set that was working wonderfully but getting rusted inside. To my surprise, this new set (and I am more annoyed by the dryer than the washer) "forgets" every manual setting I've programmed on the front panel. For example, if I use the NORMAL cycle, and manually turn off Echo Mode and turn on Wrinkle Prevent, every time I turn the machine off and back on it will default back to whatever settings Samsung firmware believes is right. It is extremely annoying to have to push multiple buttons to get to my preferred mode each and every time. My old Samsung machine would never forget settings upon a power cycle. 

Is there a way to operate this washer so that my preferred settings / last settings don't go away when I turn the power off?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Samsung_Moderator
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Washers and Dryers

Hi there! Thanks so much for asking. I checked the user manual for this model (linked below), and the best option for this would be the Smart Control feature. By connecting your dryer to the SmartThings app on your phone, you can create preset cycles and settings that you can later use. There are also tons of other great features and options available in the SmartThings app. For more information about this, you can reach out to our SmartThigns team directly by calling: 1-866-813-2404. 

https://downloadcenter.samsung.com/content/UM/202107/20210729075425789/DV7000_DC68-03784S-00_EN_MES....

View solution in context

2 Replies
dpickett_18
Nebula
Options
Washers and Dryers
Is there a "my cycle" button on it?
0 Likes
Solution
Samsung_Moderator
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Washers and Dryers

Hi there! Thanks so much for asking. I checked the user manual for this model (linked below), and the best option for this would be the Smart Control feature. By connecting your dryer to the SmartThings app on your phone, you can create preset cycles and settings that you can later use. There are also tons of other great features and options available in the SmartThings app. For more information about this, you can reach out to our SmartThigns team directly by calling: 1-866-813-2404. 

https://downloadcenter.samsung.com/content/UM/202107/20210729075425789/DV7000_DC68-03784S-00_EN_MES....