Original topic:

Washer Leaking from Filter Area or underneath

(Topic created: 11-01-2020 08:01 PM)
user3Yl8fHCqPX
Asteroid
Options
Washers and Dryers

I have a Samsung WF219ANW/XAA 01 washer. There is a leak that appears to be coming from the filter area. I have cleaned out the filter and tightened the cap but it's still leaking. It didn't leak when I ran the Rinse and Spin cycle but it did leak when I ran a load of clothes. There's a lot of water in the drawer. Can it be fixed or does the washer need to be replaced?

0 Likes
7 Replies
Solution
Samsung_Moderator
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Washers and Dryers

Hello there, I'm sorry to hear your washer is leaking. I'm happy to help with this. I have the following link to our troubleshooting guide on what steps to take if the washer is leaking: https://www.samsung.com/us/support/troubleshooting/TSG01000977/

Once these steps are completed, if the washer is still leaking, it will require service. There’s a couple options here we can take based on your warranty status. 
If you’re in the one-year manufacturer’s warranty, please gather together the full model and serial number of your unit, and have ready your name, street address, 2 phone numbers (Best contact, alternative number), email, and place of purchase. Provide this information to an agent, in one of the following options below:
1.) Reach out to a Moderator directly, by selecting our name and the message option. When messaging please use a link to this thread in addition to the info above.
2.) Reach out to us on Facebook or Twitter. Please provide the same info as above, as well as the link to your thread.
3.) You can also contact 1-800-726-7864, if you’d like to speak with a live agent about this situation.
4.) Last, if you wish to speak with a live agent and don’t want to call in, you can reach out to our Live Chat team. 
If you’re out of the one-year manufacturer’s warranty: 
1. You can utilize this link to locate an authorized service center in your area to obtain estimates for repairs: http://www.Samsung.com/us/support/service/location or reach out to any local television repair shop.
2. The other option, would be a replacement of the unit. Samsung.com offers amazing deals on different  that may be to your liking, check out those deals here: https://www.samsung.com/us/washers/

user3Yl8fHCqPX
Asteroid
Options
Washers and Dryers

I wrote this earlier but I couldn't send a reply to the answers given.

I have a Samsung WF219ANW/XAA 01 washer. There is a leak that appears to be coming from the filter area. I have cleaned out the filter and tightened the cap but it's still leaking. It didn't leak when I ran the Rinse and Spin cycle but it did leak when I ran a load of clothes. There's a lot of water in the drawer. Can it be fixed or does the washer need to be replaced?

UPDATE: I tilted the washer and some more water came out. I cleaned out the filter again but it is still leaking. There are no water leaks from the hoses or from the door. The water is leaking out from the bottom right of the washer. The machine leaks even when nothing is in the machine and the machine is not running. Water has leaked in the drawer while the machine was running, but when it's not running, no water is coming into the drawer but it is still leaking from the bottom right.

Tom6068
Supernova
Options
Washers and Dryers
Is it under warranty!
SwaggyScraggy
Cosmic Ray
Options
Washers and Dryers
Open the filter and make sure there isn't any debris on the seal/ where the seal meets. Also make sure the filter is inserted correctly.
0 Likes
user3Yl8fHCqPX
Asteroid
Options
Washers and Dryers

I have a Samsung WF219ANW/XAA 01 washer. There was a leak that was coming from the filter area. I cleaned the filter and drained the filter pipe. I also cleaned out the rubber space between the door and washing drum. I moved the washing machine to an area where it wouldn't cause damage if it leaked. I ran 3 tests: rinse and spin without clothes, full load, full load with rinse and spin. No water leaked from the filter area, but after the third test there was water coming from the water inlet area. I used a garden hose for the incoming water so I don't know if that would be a factor or not. There wasn't a leak in that area prior. What else can I look for or test to make sure everything works like it's supposed to?

userzbboqxRtgZ
Constellation
Options
Washers and Dryers

Superspeed power foam

Water is leaking out of the bottom during soak cycle. Not sure why. 

MrLarry
Neutron Star
Options
Washers and Dryers

Hey, give this link a shot: https://www.samsung.com/us/support/troubleshooting/TSG01000977/ If this does not help I recommend letting a service technician have a look. Send your full model code and serial number via private message to get started.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

0 Likes