Options
Washers and Dryers

Dryer won't stop model dv5471aew

100 Replies
userY1tgVL1mvF
Astronaut
Options
Washers and Dryers

Dryer stays on at 1 minute and doesn't stop during timed dry.  Any suggestions?  Probably not moisture sensor since clothes are dry...  

BIGMIKE777
Comet
Options
Washers and Dryers
Sometimes this could be a hold so they don't wrinkle maybe a wrinkle guard setting or the countdown timer is pausing on time dry
If it only does it on time drive then there might be something wrong with the timed dry countdown timer might try a software update or a reset
0 Likes
Astronaut
Options
Washers and Dryers
Might need a new motherboard sorry
0 Likes
Members_DPQ6dQM
Constellation
Options
Washers and Dryers

Samsung dryer model DVE52M775OW/A3, WILL NOT SHUT OFF. Opening door shuts it off but closing door drum spins but does not heat. Purchased 10/6/18 .  Pretty poor for a dryer less than 3 years old. Any suggestions?

0 Likes
SamsungJam
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Washers and Dryers

Oh no!  I completely get how that could be bothersome.  Here's a link with somethings to check in regards to the dryer: https://www.samsung.com/us/support/troubleshooting/TSG01001990/.  If none of the steps work, service would be needed.  If you would like to look into service options, send me a private message:  http://bit.ly/2ihPL97

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

0 Likes
userXKRE09xv6J
Astronaut
Options
Washers and Dryers

The drum will not stop rotating. Everything works fine otherwise. It looks to me like a relay that is stuck.

SamsungTam
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Washers and Dryers

Hello! I do apologize for the inconvience this has caused. Have you tried to reset the dryer? Is the unit showing any error codes? 

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

0 Likes
userRY5zi8KcDV
Asteroid
Options
Washers and Dryers

After dealing with this issue since the dryer has been bought I figured I’d reach out to see if there is a permanent fix for my dryer. Several years ago we were on vacation and the video surveillance system picked up noise. After review the audio from my house it sounded like someone was doing laundry in our absence. Sure enough, upon our return, the dryer was operating in the “off” status.

After dealing with this for many years I have isolated the issue to a relay on the right side of the 06DC9404450A control board. I haven’t figure out the catalyst (cause) as of yet but it does randomly occur and will cause the dryer drum and blower not to shut off. The good news, the heating element does not activate when in the condition. 

My question, is anybody else having this issue with the latched relay? The dryer fully functions and operates in a normal fashion with the exception it won’t shut off. The tech that I had initially operate on the unit didn’t replace any hardware. I watched him remove a few connections, reconnect everything and then tell me everything was good to go… that will be X for the repair. 

Is there a software correction/ROM update that can be applied to the controller to remove this ground fault/latched relay condition? If so, how can I get my hands on the update? I am really tried of having to take the cover off just to remove on connection and condition.

Please note… I’m not ranting and love my Samsung devices especially my samsung Flex washer… I retired a top of the line four year old Maytag for the flex and it was the best decision I have made in years… Well in the laundry realm of life. 

Any help will be huge. I sure hate to spend money on tech’s when all they do is remove connections to fix a incorrectly latched relays. 

Thanks so much your help/guidance. 

0 Likes
MsBri1
Neutron Star
Options
Washers and Dryers

Hello there, regrettably, yes we do recommend for the dryer to be serviced by a technician however if you are interested in the self-service options expressed I would suggest purchasing a service manual from/ making part inquiries to our parts department J&J international and they can be contacted at 1-800-627-4368. 

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

0 Likes
userRY5zi8KcDV
Asteroid
Options
Washers and Dryers

I guess you didn’t read the concern/issue. I paid for a Samsung certified technician to support and correct this issue, yet, here we are….. Wouldn’t a latched relay be a design flaw within the circuit? Surly there is a design correction and if there is… I’d be happy to pay for your tech to come fix it; however; that did nothing last time.

0 Likes