JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Washer WA50R5400AV Guide Saddle broken. How do I fix it?

(Topic created: 01-08-2021 09:46 AM)
usergYVhg7NfWn
Asteroid
Options
Washers and Dryers

My washer was making a terrible rattle whenever it would spin out. It drove me nuts but then I saw there was a black plastic piece underneath that was rattling like crazy. I pulled it out and it was cracked. It calls itself a guide saddle. It was cracked along a good portion of it so I reinforced it with some steel strips and put it back under but it is still rattling. When the guide saddle is out all the wrattling disappears so it is just getting jiggled around the floor. Do you have a diagram of how it attaches underneath? Should it be sitting on the floor or elevated?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
usergYVhg7NfWn
Asteroid
Options
Washers and Dryers

So as it turns out the guide saddle should have been removed during installation even though the instructions do not say that.  Took a few weeks of run around to get that answer. 

So the guide saddle is only used for stabilizing the drum when moving it according to samsung support team phone line. 

View solution in context

3 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable
Options
Washers and Dryers

I am sorry to hear about this. Please send your serial number to this PM Link.

0 Likes
usergYVhg7NfWn
Asteroid
Options
Washers and Dryers

I tried sending a message but it says I have reached the limit on private messages even though I don't think it sent. Edit: I waited a minute and tried sending again and the message sent.

0 Likes
Solution
usergYVhg7NfWn
Asteroid
Options
Washers and Dryers

So as it turns out the guide saddle should have been removed during installation even though the instructions do not say that.  Took a few weeks of run around to get that answer. 

So the guide saddle is only used for stabilizing the drum when moving it according to samsung support team phone line.