JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Washing Machine Rusting

(Topic created: 03-14-2021 10:05 AM)
useroGKGqEdBMS
Constellation
Options
Washers and Dryers

We bought ours in 2017 I think and I just was doing laundry and noticed a chunk of rust as well as rust drip-stains in the fabric softener dispenser.  I have tried to make sure I leave the lid open after running loads of laundry in order to help it dry out and prevent mold/gunk from developing.  A few weeks ago I noticed flakes of brown gunk appearing on my washed clothes and in the washer tub.  I found videos of people dealing with a similar problem and how they disassembled the entire thing to clean it!!  It really bums me out because now I have to inspect my clothes (especially the whites) for any debris so it won't stain!!! And now I have to worry about rust from the inside?? I'm afraid to use it at this point Smiley Sad15958797927175574423346471380061.jpg

110 Replies
SamsungJam
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Washers and Dryers

Please get back to us as soon as you can.  

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

0 Likes
userUb5gZ8XRQV
Astronaut
Options
Washers and Dryers

I'm not the only one experiencing this I'm sure.  Support tells me the ONLY recall is with top-load washers but my technician said he's seen this as a common defect with front load too.  Look at the terrible rust damage due to the defective detergent tray. 

I gave Samsung support a chance to make this right and they wouldn't.  So I just wanted to get the word out for anyone else having this issue with their front load washer.  Mine is literally ONLY 36 months old this month!

IMG_7169.JPG

IMG_7170.JPG

IMG_7172.JPG

user3hhOmxbz0d
Asteroid
Options
Washers and Dryers

I have a 2017 Samsung top load washing machine that is rusting around the bleach dispenser, out the soap dispenser and on the topside of the drum. I wrote to Samsung months ago when the issue first started and spoke to customer service, both options left me with no help whatsoever. This issue has been recalled on Samsung top load washers from 2014-2016. Why have you stopped the recall when the problem clearly still persists? There are hundreds of messages on your community support forum with the same issue and you, Samsung remain silent? Shame on you. All of these people paying a lot for your products that you offer zero support and take no accountability for. I, personally am constantly left dealing with rust stains on my white clothes. Clearly there will be another class action lawsuit on the top load washers beyond 2016 because this continues to be a major unresolved issue by the Samsung brand. Do not buy this product! And those having this issue, it only gets worse. 

SamsungAl
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Washers and Dryers

The recall is to reinforce the top lid from popping off, the rust is not part of the recall. If you would like some help though, shoot me a private message with the full model and serial number as well as photos of the rust. 

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

0 Likes
userZYDXzrempu
Astronaut
Options
Washers and Dryers

My top loading washer is completely rusted around the bleach additive dispenser and I am not happy.  I have not spilled or splashed bleach and it is only getting worse.  So frustrated I need answers why this is happening?    I have discontinued using bleach some time ago and it has not helped nothing removes it. 

I honestly expect action.  These appliances were not cheap and I purchased them less than 6 years ago.   I like the washer and the dryer but the rust is getting in my water and I am not happy about it, it is only spreading!

Thank you,

Merri West

userT7FmLaFoy3
Constellation
Options
Washers and Dryers

I have a Samsung top load washing machine and it is rusting on the inside near the soap and bleach dispensers as well as leaking water underneath the machine during a cycle. It’s only a couple of years old! Not sure why this is happening. Rust is getting on our clothes and my floor is always wet. Is there anyone else having this problem? It’s very frustrating. What can be done about it? I won’t purchase anything from Samsung if this is the kind of product they make! Washers should be made to last more than 2-3 years. Really sad! 

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

SamsungCaleb
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Washers and Dryers

Since you are experiencing this please reach out directly via one of the following methods, as we would like to Gather additional information, and look at this from a case by case basis. Please provide the full model and serial of the washer as well as your best contact phone number, name, and email. 

Send a message on Facebook

Send Message on Twitter

Sent Message to Moderator

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

userz9F0cLZadW
Constellation
Options
Washers and Dryers

We have a 5 year old washer with a very rusty bleach dispenser.  The rust is so bad it is starting to stain our clothes. I see a lot of other people saying they are having the same issue. I am hoping that Samsung can help with this issue.

jbell13
Constellation
Options
Washers and Dryers

My washing machine is peeling around the rim of drum around where the lid lifts around detergent tray around bleach tray and a big chunk on the lower right corner and there is rust EVERYWHERE!!!! I have to make sure i wipe the entire inside machine before I wash any laundry this is beyond horrible 

Model number:

WA45H7000AW/A2

20211010_013200.jpg

20211010_013145.jpg

20211010_013119.jpg

20211010_013046.jpg

20211010_013051.jpg

20211010_013042.jpg

20211010_013032.jpg

20211010_013028.jpg

MsBri1
Neutron Star
Options
Washers and Dryers

Hello, I understand your concern and would like to assist in a private message for further review. Can you please send the following information: PM Link

Full name
Street Address
Email Address
Contact Number
Place of Purchase
Serial Number

- Please Note: If you are having an issue replying with the private message link, you can click on ANY moderator's name and select the "message" option as a method to contact directly as well.

0 Likes