JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Washing Machine Rusting

(Topic created: 08-13-2021 06:56 AM)
useroGKGqEdBMS
Constellation
Options
Washers and Dryers

We bought ours in 2017 I think and I just was doing laundry and noticed a chunk of rust as well as rust drip-stains in the fabric softener dispenser.  I have tried to make sure I leave the lid open after running loads of laundry in order to help it dry out and prevent mold/gunk from developing.  A few weeks ago I noticed flakes of brown gunk appearing on my washed clothes and in the washer tub.  I found videos of people dealing with a similar problem and how they disassembled the entire thing to clean it!!  It really bums me out because now I have to inspect my clothes (especially the whites) for any debris so it won't stain!!! And now I have to worry about rust from the inside?? I'm afraid to use it at this point Smiley Sad15958797927175574423346471380061.jpg

110 Replies
MsBri1
Neutron Star
Options
Washers and Dryers

Yes, I completely understand not wanting to post the information publicly, we actually would not recommend you doing so as well.  I am so sorry for the confusion but if you would like you can feel free to send the requested information directly in a private message using this link: https://bit.ly/3lVQyQ2 so we can assist you from there. 

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

0 Likes
userNMoh17JPCD
Asteroid
Options
Washers and Dryers

I sent ALL information via the email u gave me.  Samsungcommunity@sea.samsung.com     I have yet to receive an acknowledgement.   #38784329 in subject line

0 Likes
userTZSZ0eEALM
Constellation
Options
Washers and Dryers

This is my second top loading washer that is rusting. Rust under top of machine under lid on right and also around area by the hinge lid on right. This machine was purchased 5/8/18 and is the replacement for my first one that was recalled with numerous issues, one issue was major rusting. I have been very diligent with opening the top and opening soap dispenser after each wash. But now the problem is happening again with the second machine. Samsung, what are going to do to rectify my issues once again? I have been a longtime customer, but enough is enough. Model#: WA45M7050AW/A4 [edit]

Anonymous
Not applicable
Options
Washers and Dryers

I understand this is a frustrating experience for you. Please send your email address to this PM Link, and I will be happy to look in to your case.

SuperAnna
Astronaut
Options
Washers and Dryers

My less than 5 year old washer is rusting out and the customer service has told me I will have to pay to fix it. I am really disappointed in Samsung.
0 Likes
Kdueck1
Constellation
Options
Washers and Dryers

16400076251997810344573042692185.jpg

 This is my model WA50M7450AP/A4.  I can believe how bad it has gotten and what do I do? The crazy part is that the machine is not that old.

user751201tmO21
Honored Contributor
Options
Washers and Dryers
Check the warranty period ... if still within the warranty, contact Samsung for replacement. If out of warranty, might contact them anyway - they might consider this an extreme case and replace it.

Otherwise, does it affect the washing? For example, does it leak? Any other side effects?
SamsungCaleb
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Washers and Dryers

Oh no! I definitely understand how this can be frustrating so that I may look further into this please send me a private message with your full serial number! 

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

0 Likes
mattbehnken
Cosmic Ray
Options
Washers and Dryers
Same issue here, out of warranty
0 Likes
mattbehnken
Cosmic Ray
Options
Washers and Dryers
It's from 2017 but rust started around 201920211220_120337_2465_1640027017.jpg