Original topic:

Washing Machine Rusting

(Topic created: 08-22-2021 09:04 PM)
useroGKGqEdBMS
Constellation
Options
Washers and Dryers

We bought ours in 2017 I think and I just was doing laundry and noticed a chunk of rust as well as rust drip-stains in the fabric softener dispenser.  I have tried to make sure I leave the lid open after running loads of laundry in order to help it dry out and prevent mold/gunk from developing.  A few weeks ago I noticed flakes of brown gunk appearing on my washed clothes and in the washer tub.  I found videos of people dealing with a similar problem and how they disassembled the entire thing to clean it!!  It really bums me out because now I have to inspect my clothes (especially the whites) for any debris so it won't stain!!! And now I have to worry about rust from the inside?? I'm afraid to use it at this point Smiley Sad15958797927175574423346471380061.jpg

110 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable
Options
Washers and Dryers
As much as I love Samsung electronics, I would stay away from ALL of their appliances. Sorry this is happening to your mother 😞
MrLarry
Neutron Star
Options
Washers and Dryers

I can definitely understand how frustrating this may be. I recommend letting a service technician have a look. As we would like to gather additional information, and look at this from a case by case basis please provide the full model code and serial number of the device as well as your best contact phone number, name, and email.  

Send a message on Facebook 

Send Message on Twitter 

Send Message to Moderator

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

0 Likes
userFIExPZL42e
Constellation
Options
Washers and Dryers

image.jpg

0 Likes
MrLarry
Neutron Star
Options
Washers and Dryers

I can understand your concern here. Please send your full model code and serial number via private message.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

0 Likes
userohvF53enyJ
Constellation
Options
Washers and Dryers

Hello, My Samsung washer is rusting at bleach dispenser. Model number WA50M7450AW/A4 only a few years old. When can you send a replacement this should not happen. 

Dissatisfied customer,

John Fink

MsBri1
Neutron Star
Options
Washers and Dryers

Hello I apologize for the issue your having regarding the washer. Regrettably for this issue we will need a technician to service the unit. You can send your full name, address, contact number, e-mail, place of purchase, images of the issue and serial number in a private message here: https://bit.ly/3lVQyQ2 to proceed with that aspect. 

0 Likes
userNMoh17JPCD
Asteroid
Options
Washers and Dryers

4.5 cu. ft. Front Load Washer in White

MODEL NUMBER: WF45M5500AW/A5SERIAL NUMBER: <HIDDEN>
Manufacturer Warranty Expired on Friday, November 30, 2018*

I realize my mfg warranty is expired....but what am I supposed to do about the rust around the door inset?  I never had a washer rust before!  It is in an interior laundry room, not exposed to inclement conditions at all!

0 Likes
SamsungCaleb
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Washers and Dryers

Hey! Just checking in do you still require assistance? 

0 Likes
SamsungCaleb
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Washers and Dryers

Can I have the following information? I would like to get you set up for service. 
Place of purchase:
Copy of Purchase Receipt:
First and Last Name:
Physical Street Address:
City, State, and Zip Code:
Home phone number:
Alternate phone number:     
Email address: 
Preferred method to be reached by the service center (SMS, email, or phone):

0 Likes
userNMoh17JPCD
Asteroid
Options
Washers and Dryers

I will need to find the receipt...then I reply. But I do not want to post where the information will be public.  Is there a way to send the info via email

0 Likes