Did you mean:Ā 

Original topic:

Battery Life

(Topic created: Wednesday)
nlsherwood
Constellation
Options
Discussions

I have a Watch5 and in the BETA testing for the new software and I have to say I am hating the lack of battery life!  It seems the battery life is like 6 hours at most.  I wear my watch daily and work 8 hours, maybe 10 and I can't make it through my entire shift without issues of it dying.  Very disappointed. 

4 Replies
Chef31684
Red Giant
Options
Discussions

Not having any battery issues at all on my 4 Classic.

A couple things to point out and some tips:

• You are in a BETA, bugs and poor battery life should be expected. The risks should be understood and weighed before dowmloading and installing a BETA
  • It may help to wipe the cache partition of your watch. You can find youtube videos on how to do so
  • Look in the Wearable app under device care and battery. See what apps are draining your battery most. Some third party watch faces are not fully supported on the new builds and could drain the battery significantly. 
  • If there are rouge apps draining battery (third party ones especially) make sure you uninstall or put those apps to sleep for the time being
0 Likes
USBetaModerator3
Beta Moderator
Options
Discussions

Hello @nlsherwood

Thank you for your feedback on battery life.

We apologize that your Watch battery is discharging in less than a day. 

To help us understand your battery usage, please send us the Error report via Galaxy Wearable Beta app : 

Wearable App > Search for "Contact Us" > Send Report > Make sure to check box on "Send DIagnostic Data" at the bottom of the report > Do not close your Samsung Members until all logs are submitted.

Regards,

One UI Beta Team

0 Likes
MarvinMod2
Comet
Options
Discussions

Betting its Samsung health consistently running in the background. Samsung says that the services need to run in the background in order for the watch to operate properly however, that is false information. I have my watch modified to only run those services when I'm needing them and ive had no issues out of the watch except for the known beta bugs. They are stopped from running in the background when im no longer using those services. My battery life went from charging twice in a day to 70, 74% from 100% (7am-10pm). Thats a heck of a gain and it was all due to Samsung health running in the background. Id say check background usage. If its Samsung health, hop over to xda and search the threds on how to prevent unnecessary usage. 

0 Likes
Chef31684
Red Giant
Options
Discussions

That's funny. I don't have that issue with Samsung Health. I charge to 100% every night. Take the watch off the charger at 06:00 and it doesn't go back on the charger till around 23:00. Still have 40-50 battery remaining. 

Your experience won't be everyone else's experience. Others start disabling stuff and modding things as you do under your recommendations, and if they run into bugs, then they will blame you.

If samsung says Samsung Health needs to run in the background to be able to make full use of all the Health features. Then it does.

0 Likes