Did you mean: 

Original topic:

Battery performance in beta 7 is horrible

(Topic created: 10-15-2023 04:44 AM)
robbyz94
Cosmic Ray
Options
Discussions
Overall battery performance is horrible on beta 7. I took my phone off the charger 10 minutes and already dropped 6% just scrolling Instagram and checking emails. 

My standby time is great but the battery drains so fast now during normal use. 
16 Replies
AlienX
Galaxy
Options
Discussions
Yeh my SOT is about 25% less now with similar usage.
murilo_no
Cosmic Ray
Options
Discussions

well it has been this bad for me since beta 3 😂

userlQcCM1wRc8
Red Giant
Options
Discussions
Mine seems to be about the same as it always has been, 6-7 hours of SOT heavy usage and plenty of juice at the end of the day. Others report reduculous SOT 12 hours and still at 80%. Not sure what to believe there. Seems way outside the bell curve.

I'm running full everything, Bluetooth, GPS, etc. Plus a third party launcher and tons of apps, automations and widgets. The first drop off in battery from 100% is steep and then levels off from there.
Maybe it is a touch less than battery life with the betas, but nothing too dramatic.
Performance is way up with beta 7. Hopefully, battery life will be optimized further as the S23U is the first Samsung phone that actually lived up to the hype of battery with the new processor and competing with the fruit company.

Here are the stats so far today.
Nothing out of the usual.
Clearly, I am spending way too much time in the beta program and SS Members app. 😆Screenshot_20231015_082928_Device care.jpg
userlQcCM1wRc8
Red Giant
Options
Discussions
They also fixed the Yoda speak with the battery details and the estimated time a full charge should last.
Screenshot_20231015_084120_Device care.jpg
OldSoldier
Halo
Options
Discussions
I haven't had any appreciable change.
0 Likes
retrofred
Asteroid
Options
Discussions
I haven't had or seen any difference with my battery performance since joining the beta program, but I'm not heavy user or gamer on my phone
0 Likes
joelor
Cosmic Ray
Options
Discussions
Yes mine has alot lower battery time
userlQcCM1wRc8
Red Giant
Options
Discussions
Seems to vary by user. Some say no change, some say change for the better and others for the worse! 🤔
0 Likes
Manoli
Galaxy
Options
Discussions
I agree. My battery is way way worse. And I'm actually having charging issues now too.