Did you mean: 

Original topic:

Beta 4 Gallery fix

(Topic created: 10-08-2022 09:00 PM)
CubZeke
Comet
Options
Discussions
Samsung mentioned that they finally enabled the feature to hide the recent and favorite album...which is sort of a half truth. When you first open the gallery app, you'll see the recent/favorite albums. You have the ability to click on the three arrows and tap "select albums to show". At this point, you can "Hide" both the recent and favorite album.

However, the issue still presents itself when you click on "view all" to see your entire photo album collection. Once again, the recent and favorite album are present and visible. Only this time around, you cannot hide them. Even if you tap on the three dots on the upper right corner and then tap "Hide Albums", you cannot hide them. It will not show up on the list. 🤨

Tl;Dr, Samsung didn't really allow us to hide the recent/favorite albums. Even if you did hid them on "select albums to show", they will still appear when you tap on "View all". Try it out and see it for yourselves.

12 Replies
HauntedAtoms
Astronaut
Options
Discussions
Yes, and by using "select albums to show" you are excluding all future albums that might get created. I downloaded an image from an app and couldn't find it anywhere. Realized I have to press view all. Did that, found the album, and like you, I couldn't get rid of recents and favorite again. So I tried to rearrange the order to move the recents album to the bottom (why was it ever created?? It's just like the "all" tab but more useless). Then I discovered that you can turn off "select albums to show" in settings.
Samsung, just give an option to show the favorites album or not. That's all. It doesn't need to come bundled with the recents and it doesn't need a convoluted settings sequence to control it.
0 Likes
USBetaModerator2
Beta Moderator
Options
Discussions

Hello,
Thank you for your Feedback. We appreciate your contribution to the Beta community.

Regards,
One UI Beta Team

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable
Options
Discussions
How about they just do away with the recents and favorites all together that way we don't have to worry about them