Did you mean: 

Original topic:

Thoughts?

(Topic created: 10-11-2022 07:27 AM)
Tom6068
Supernova
Options
Discussions

With the UI 5.0 final release (according to a few sources) being perhaps a few days away, I'd like to know opinions on the beta so far. 

Comparing it to UI 4.1 for me, wasn't a huge leap. We got some cool cosmetic features allowing more customization, but I'm talking really groundbreaking system settings changes that really standout. 

In my opinion, 4.1 to 5.0 isn't as big a jump as it was 4.0 to 4.1. UI 3 going to 4 was a big jump. There still could be a surprise in the final release, but to date, while I'm really happy with the 5.0, it's not a big leap from the previous user interface in 4.1 to 5.0. . 

Thoughts? 

13 Replies
JPlaid
Star
Options
Discussions
Agree on all points. Whenever I use One UI 4, I remember the niceties that One UI 5 brings, with the main visual change being the more widespread theming.

But overall, not a huge jump for sure. But certainly a nice one to have! Onward to One UI 6!
Options
Discussions
Agree. Not a big change. Some nice reorgs of menus, and functions, especially in settings.
Have a huge issue with the preset Modes ...Exercise Mode in particular that nearly bricked my phone. I was able to isolate in safe mode and this was indeed the culprit. Deleted exercise Mode.
Also, Watch 4 and guessing watch 5 don't synchronize bedtime mode with the phone.
So, the big surprise for the official release...I'll be happy with everything working as it should!
FrankGP07
Star
Options
Discussions
Ditto!!! Hopefully next U.I can bring a reimagined user interface. May not
deviate too much from how a Samsung phone has come to run and operate but new asthetics to give it a refined newer feel. Don't get me wrong Rather it be U.I 4 or U.I 5 I love the U.I system hands down a great operating system. But I do think Samsung can be ground breaking and do something refreshing. Something competition seems hesitant to do. Look at apple for one let's be honest beside news widgets here and there every new release the Interface has sadly been the same for over a decade now. Guess iPhone users like to buy the same phone every year lol. Nothing revolutionary about it. Samsung bring the noise and hopefully next U.I can stun the tech world. We will be waiting.
TipsyTrex
Supernova
Options
Discussions
I have zero interest in seeing any kind of UI redesign. The express purpose of OneUI is consistency across devices and generations and Samsung not willy nilly changing everything makes life so much easier as the family tech support. I applaud them for not falling for the redesigning everything is good meme.
Android 13 is a pretty minor update, mostly just under the hood updates and expanding material you on the Pixel, so I wasn't expecting a huge upgrade although I was hoping to see the new music player and new routines functionality. As a whole though, I'm happy with it. Don't fix what ain't broke.
Ryan891
Supernova
Options
Discussions
I agree completely. Give me the media player, some new routines functionality, and I'm good
Moosc
Comet
Options
Discussions
You won't see final released till mid November
0 Likes
egor0128
Comet
Options
Discussions
Well I will keep it short and sweet. It took me awhile to listen. I feel cleaning the cache. And good guardians have kept my device running great. This beta has been great. Now I think we could see a final version at the end of October well it's been great
0 Likes
Oneturbobenz
Constellation
Options
Discussions
I am growing weary of Samsungs approach. I'd only owned samsung phones until the note 7 debacle coaxed me to buy a Pixel. Starting to feel myself longing for the pure Android experience after playing around with a friend's pixel 6 pro.
0 Likes
anker12
Astronaut
Options
Discussions
I'm surprised I'm having so many issues with my UI in this beta and if the final release doesn't have fixes for the Signal messenger issues, there are going to be a lot of upset customers.
0 Likes