Did you mean: 

Original topic:

Beta 8 just weirded out on me

(Topic created: 10-23-2023 08:37 AM)
Dcn_Pat
Cosmic Ray
Options
Discussions
Had the phone horizontal in my truck. Grabbed the phone on the way out of truck and held it in portrait orientation. Lock screen wall paper shifted so I could see the vortom quarter at the top of the screen and the rest blank. Samsung pay swip up would show a card, edge panel would open but I couldn't unlock the phone or get a lock scrren or home screen. Had to hold power button and volume down until it reset.

So far this entire beta campaign has been well below expectations and my experience with other beta campaigns .
0 Likes
4 Replies
checkthamethod
Cosmic Ray
Options
Discussions
Have you backed up all your data and tried factory resetting the phone and clearing the cache partition? Is it inconveniencing? Yes, but there could be a chance that you have some type of incompatible file or data stored on your phone that Android 14 doesn't like.
0 Likes
Dcn_Pat
Cosmic Ray
Options
Discussions
You don't have to factory reset to clear the cache partition.

If I have some incompatible file or data that Android 14 doesn't like it would be better to identify it from the bug report I submitted than blindly factory reset and hope for the best. No one learns anything from that, and it only serves as a source of frustration if it doesn't fix the issue.
0 Likes
TheRoops
Comet
Options
Discussions
Dude just back up your phone and try. It's not going to erase your actual life. Sadly a lot of background data cannot be erased during an installation. They make the installation as seamless as possible with millions of users to successfully address. We're not telling you to factory reset because we don't like you, were saying it because it's an effective solution to an update system that can't help but be flawed.
USBetaModerator2
Beta Moderator
Options
Discussions

Hello,
Thank you for your feedback.

Please use the latest Samsung Members app to submit an error report (Samusng Members One UI Beta Program Beta Feedback Error Report.

Note: To ensure relevant log information is included in the error report, submit the report within 3 minutes of encountering the bug or error, and do not terminate (swipe away) the Samsung Members application until you are notified that the report has been sent. This can take up to 5 minutes.

- To provide UX or UI-related feedback, such as usability or feature suggestions, select "Beta community Suggestions" in the Beta recruitment notice of Samsung Members app.

We appreciate your contribution to the Beta Program.

Regards,
One UI Beta Team

0 Likes