Original topic:

Cannot unregister beta program

(Topic created: 12-17-2023 04:26 PM)
Jamesholder247
Asteroid
Options
Discussions

Hello,

I'd like to unenrol from the Samsung beta program for one ui 6.

I have looking in the Samsung members app and the option to unenrol is not in settings.

Screenshot_20231218_002457_Samsung Members.jpg

I recently performed a downgrade of the phone back to factory software using a laptop ( loosing 200gb of personal data in the process)

I have tried your live chat and submit feedback feature and everyone has been unable to help me .

The phone has been soft rebooted and as I say is now back on stock firmware but it is constantly asking me to update to beta software which I do not want to do 

Screenshot_20231206_194527_Software update.jpg

Please help

12 Replies
LongHiker
Legendary Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Discussions

@Jamesholder247 It is possible that your difficulty has been encountered because the Beta has been closed for quite a while. The Unenroll from Beta button is not in the settings. If your phone is still on the Beta, when you open Samsung Members app you should be in the Beta area. If you click the bell to see the notices, I'm pretty sure that you will find info on the Beta. The Unenroll button would be in that notice. 

If you open the Samsung Members app and you don't immediately see anything about the Beta, your phone probably doesn't have the Beta software installed. 

I would recommend that you take your phone to a Samsung support center so that they can directly access your phone. 

Ekamek
Black Hole
Options
Discussions
Are you not able to download/update to the stable One UI 6.0? You are automatically disenrolled/removed from beta once you install the stable firmware.
Jamesholder247
Asteroid
Options
Discussions

I wish I could upgrade to stable u.i 6.0.

Unfortunately because the phone is still registered for the beta all it does is ask me to upgrade to the beta version.

As I mentioned I downgraded to the prior version so it is now running factory non beta software. But the marker must be on my account, because all it does is try and upgrade to beta again.

And if I go into the members app where everyone tells me to go, there is no option to unregister from beta program anymore so I can't seem to get the upgrade path of the phone back to normal.

Does anyone know if there is anyone in support that can manually unregister my phone or account from the beta program somehow so it just goes back to the normal upgrade path?

notforhire
Honored Contributor
Options
Discussions
send a DM to @USBetaModerator2. should be able to help
0 Likes
Jamesholder247
Asteroid
Options
Discussions

Thank you I will give that a go 

0 Likes
Strata77
Asteroid
Options
Discussions
We're you able to solve this issue? I have same problem
0 Likes
Jamesholder247
Asteroid
Options
Discussions

Hello,

No I wasn't, even spoke to Samsung executive office and still no solution.. literally all that needs to happen is someone that can needs to unregister my phone from the beta program. There will be a flag in a database somewhere that needs removing but there is no interest in assisting with it so I'm stuck on the android version I'm on with no security updates..wish I had better news for you sorry 

0 Likes
Strata77
Asteroid
Options
Discussions
That's not good. I'm curious if using PC and smart switch to reset device to older version and creating a new Samsung account removes the beta flag or if beta is hard coded to he device as well as account? I'm concerned if I give phone to someone else and they set it up same issue will happen to them.
0 Likes
Jamesholder247
Asteroid
Options
Discussions

Well mine is on the older non beta version of android but it still wants to update to the beta and there is nothing I can do to remove it, not sure if it is account related 🤔 

0 Likes