Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Original topic:

Bixby Modes Nearly Bricked My Phone!

(Topic created: 10-11-2022 05:28 AM)
Options
Discussions
I filed a detailed report with the feedback tool in thr forums. Too much to go into here, but suffice it to say, the pre-defined modes caused my phone to go into perpetual reboot. Luckily, I was able to get into safe mode and determine the issue which, by process of elimination was Exercise Mode.

Scenerio...
Exercise Mode set to any exercise activated on Watch 4. Phone goes into DND.

All well and good until a voice mail notification comes in while Exercise Mode is activated. And yes, using third parties like Better YouMail and Dynamic Island for notifications. Process of elimination, the trouble ended when I deleted Exercise Mode.
Manually placing the phone in DND has no ill effects with Better YouMail and Dynamic Island reinstalled. Exercise Mode was the culprit. Beware of these pre-installed modes! 

3 Replies
JPlaid
Star
Options
Discussions
I also had a huge scare with Modes in Beta 3 when Restrict Apps locked me out of settings.

Of all the things in these Betas, Modes seems to be the most unstable thing as of yet, although it is improving rapidly.
USBetaModerator2
Beta Moderator
Options
Discussions

Hello ,
Thank you for your feedback.
If you haven’t already, Please update Samsung Members app to latest version from the Galaxy store and send us an error report immediately after experiencing the issue from the Samsung member’s app -> Beta Feedback -> Error Reports to help us debug the issue.
We apologize for the inconvenience and appreciate your contribution to the beta program.

Regards,
One UI Beta Team

Options
Discussions
Filed another report today with the error logs. The issue is likely to be related to the Bixby Exercise Mode that was crashing my phone. At some point when I was trying to get into my phone to go into safe mode I held all the side buttons and the phone went into a green screen which is likely the boot log for when people try and root their phones. Said it was trying to download something but never did. That was not my intent anyway, so somehow I got out of that screen and was able to recover the phone in safe mode then reboot. Now I can't restart into the screen that allows to clear patrician cache and I get the pop up messages about a serious software problem every so often. Phone is working fine, but concerned that the root issue may or may not be repaired with another upgrade and I may be looking at a full cleanse. Hope not. Screenshot_20221011_071143_Nova Launcher_1000000735_1665490304.jpgScreenshot_20221011_071131_Nova Launcher_1000000734_1665490293.jpg
0 Likes