Did you mean: 

Original topic:

Brightness bug solution

(Topic created: 10-17-2023 05:38 AM)
TipsyTrex
Supernova
Options
Discussions
Since I started the beta I have been dealing with very low maximum brightness, and last night I discovered last night that under accessibility, I had lowered reduced minimum brightness enabled. Upon disabling it, my screen maximum brightness returned to normal. Obviously this is a bug, as extra dim mode is not supposed to have an effect on the maximum brightness levels and I have reported it, sent in feedback with a system log and all that. However, I just wanted to pass along the solution for it just in case anyone else was dealing with reduced maximum brightness as well. 
6 Replies
krazy_loco
Galaxy
Options
Discussions
Did you notice if they fixed this in the beta 2 update Oct 11?
0 Likes
TipsyTrex
Supernova
Options
Discussions
Unfortunately, everything I described is on beta 2 so its get to be fixed.
0 Likes
BizNez
Cosmic Ray
Options
Discussions
Can you post a screenshot of the specific function?
0 Likes
Chef31684
Red Giant
Options
Discussions
If extra dim was on, yes, it's going to have an effect on your maximum brightness. Because even if you move the slider you can make it brighter while extra dim is on but it will only get so bright.

Maybe you just turned on Extra Dim by accident
TipsyTrex
Supernova
Options
Discussions
I've always had extra dim enabled, and never experienced this in oneui5 or earlier. The entire second half of the brightness bar literally did not increase the visible brightness of the phone. I don't have a oneui5 device with extra dim to verify (just a tab S6 lite), so either there was a change in how it functioned in 6 or there was a bug that jacked up intensity. Either way, I've just created a routine to keep it going at night only.
Chef31684
Red Giant
Options
Discussions
I believe it was modified with 6 from what I have see
0 Likes