Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Original topic:

Camera: The Red struggle

(Topic created: 10-22-2023 02:42 PM)
Options
Discussions
I've been a Flagship Galaxy Device User for many years now. There's a habit I've noticed when using the camera in auto. The devices always struggle with capturing reds, and the hues close to it.. 

However even with that, after some tweaks, it still takes great photos.. They may be a little off from what you see, but with some work, you can still get some great results. 

Has anyone else experienced similar? Feel free to share. 

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
DeltaBravo94
Comet
Options
Discussions
Well at least we don't have a Polaroid camera glued to the back of the Samsung S series. Hard to fit it in the pocket.

View solution in context

11 Replies
userlQcCM1wRc8
Red Giant
Options
Discussions
Depends upon the angle of the shot, lighting, etc.
Agree, sometimes the camera is WYSIWYG and other times lighting and colors are over saturated. Such is the nature of photography, especially, with point and shoot.

More accurate results sometimes require manual mode, adjusting all the perimeters. The cameras are capable of getting some amazing photos. I think it would be next to impossible to develop a point and shoot for every occasion.

Who would have thought 7-10 years ago that a phone would rival some SLR cameras? We have come a long ways! 😁
Options
Discussions
This is one of those bushes that turns blood red in the Fall. 20231017_072422_1000920468_1697545473.jpg
userlQcCM1wRc8
Red Giant
Options
Discussions
Oh, wow, so the camera captured fusha pink?
Interesting! 🤔
Options
Discussions
Yeah, it'll do that at times. Still great photos tho.
Options
Discussions
It's an a bright red that sometimes photographs as fuchsia.
Options
Discussions
Great phone.. Thanks for sharing
Options
Discussions
Yes, things have definitely come a long way. I understand all of what you've mentioned and referenced it. It's for some reason our galaxy devices tend to struggle with reds.. lol.

Thanks for the feedback
Solution
DeltaBravo94
Comet
Options
Discussions
Well at least we don't have a Polaroid camera glued to the back of the Samsung S series. Hard to fit it in the pocket.
Options
Discussions
😂😂 I'm agreeing with that one.. happy testing