Did you mean: 

Original topic:

Copies of edited photos showing up in other photo apps

(Topic created: 09-25-2022 07:27 PM)
Anonymous
Not applicable
Options
Discussions
When I remaster a photo in Samsung Gallery app, and then open Google Photos, both the original and remastered photos show up! 

Update – only the original version gets backed up. Remastered or otherwise edited pictures do not get backed up at all. 

0 Likes
17 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable
Options
Discussions
Precisely. For whatever reason Google Photos is picking them up and showing them to me. Not sure which version actually gets backed up, now that I come to think about it.
0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable
Options
Discussions
Update – only the original version gets backed up. Remastered or otherwise edited pictures do not get backed up at all. 
0 Likes
ChaosSaber
Neutron Star
Options
Discussions
So one is on Google photos and the other is on the device but showing them both?
0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable
Options
Discussions
Google Photos is showing them ALL locally, but only backing up the originals. Edited / remastered do not get backed up. Samsung Gallery app only shows edited / remastered, as expected.
0 Likes
ChaosSaber
Neutron Star
Options
Discussions
Sounds confusing really, but what about renaming the edited picture, I am thinking that Google photos isn't allowing people to over write a picture, like on phones ect, they give us an option to over write the original
0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable
Options
Discussions
Essentially Google Photos picks the first (oldest) version of each file, and backs up that one, regardless of the edits made to the image after being taken. So now imagine a scenario where you have 30 photos that you have remastered and/or otherwise edited. You then decide to use Google Photos for backing up your gallery. The end result will be that none of your edits will be saved.
0 Likes
ButtaBean_420
Black Hole
Options
Discussions
SMH there's a dozen posts about this and Samsung sent everyone a notice 2 days ago about it Settings-Apps-search (keyword) eraser Delete Object, Reflection and Shadow Erasers problem solved
0 Likes
USBetaModerator2
Beta Moderator
Options
Discussions

Hello,

Thank you for your feedback.

We appreciate your contribution to the Beta Program.

Regards,

One UI Beta Team

0 Likes