Did you mean:Ā 

Original topic:

Exercise icon not showing on watchface since 5th beta update

(Topic created: a month ago)
jcnote
Galaxy
Options
Discussions

I haven't seen anyone else mention this and I'm wondering if I'm somehow the only one experiencing this. I've already done a factory reset and cleared cache from recovery with no change. I filed error reports both before and after the factory reset.

Ever since the 5th update on my Watch 6, whenever I workout the exercise icon does not show at the bottom of the watchface. So I can't press on it to get back to the workout screen. I've tried multiple Samsung watchfaces, a half dozen different types of workouts, did the factory reset, and cleared cache both before and after the factory reset.

It happens 100% of the time. I usually do 3 or 4 workouts a day and this is really annoying. Some of my workouts, I've stopped using the watch to track just because this is so disruptive to my workout. In order to get back to my workout screen, I have to open the app drawer, open Samsung Health, and click on the ongoing workout.

The other really annoying and disruptive thing is that in order to get to the pause or finish button, when I press the back button during a workout, it does not bring up that screen but sends me to the watchface. I then have to do the above steps to get back to the workout and hit the back button again to pause or finish. This has ruined many of my workout stats. Swiping right will not bring up the screen either and long pressing the back button will not pause and start either. It only works properly if I have newly entered the workout, not after I've actually been workout out.

Both of the above happen every time with every workout since the 5th beta. I thought the factory reset would resolve it, but no change to either of the above problems. Am I really the only one experiencing this?

0 Likes
15 Replies
USBetaModerator3
Beta Moderator
Options
Discussions

Hello @jcnote,

Thank you for always giving us feedback, submitting the error reports, and following up with the error report. 

We did observe your error report submitted through the channel properly, but R&D is still evaluating the logs as "Workout-start time" was not measured at the time your report was submitted. (They checked all your screenshots and time). 

We believe that you've checked "Send Diagnostic Data" by the time you were reporting the error but seems that some parts of logs are not connecting the dots at the moment. 

Although frustrating as it sounds, please kindly send the error report on your 1st workout with "Send Diagnostic Data" checked on your error report. 

Alternative way to use the workout feature would be set your workout as "Tiles" instead of heading over to app drawer -> Samsung Health -> Ongoing workout"

PS: Your Watch Battery drainage evaluation is escalated to a higher discussion. 

Regards,

One UI Beta Team

jcnote
Galaxy
Options
Discussions

I sent another report about this. I included logs as I always do. It was my first workout today as you requested so hopefully they can get the info they need from the logs. I used a different watchface than Stretched Time just so they could rule that out since I was using that watchface last time I sent a report. 

0 Likes
USBetaModerator3
Beta Moderator
Options
Discussions

Hello @jcnote

As always, thank you very much for your support to report issues and utilizing the community board. 

Regarding to your battery discharge issue, let us know if switching your Watch Face ("Stretched Time" ) has resolved the overheating issue. 

Regards,

One UI Beta Team

jcnote
Galaxy
Options
Discussions

@parassinghsaini13 

Please stop repeatedly spamming my post with your completely unrelated comments. This is the 3rd one already from you with this same completely unrelated issue about LTE watches that are not even part of the beta. And please delete your comments from my post.

Rclevit
Asteroid
Options
Discussions

My watch seems fine with Auto detection setting On. 

I've been walking for 15 minutes and the watch started to catch my workout.

Also, swiping right got me back to pause finish screen, and back button got to home screen. 

I'm using Analog Watchface (haven't tried on Stretched Time, since there are some issues )

1000000812.png

ā€ƒ

1000000813.png

ā€ƒ

1000000814.png

ā€ƒ

1000000808.jpg

ā€ƒ

1000000815.png

ā€ƒ

jcnote
Galaxy
Options
Discussions

Thanks for your reply. The workout I just submitted another report about today is using the same watchface as yours and surprisingly we are using the exact same complications even. But mine never shows the little figure at the bottom anymore since the last update. 

My workouts are all manually started. Next time I take a walk I'll try autodection. I do have it configured already but I always manually start so that the gps locks on first. 

0 Likes
jcnote
Galaxy
Options
Discussions

I was so curious if it would work correctly with auto-detected workouts that I just did a quick  20 minute walk. Unfortunately, I'm still having the same problems with that. It did auto-detect the walk after 10 minutes and the green auto-recording screen came up. A minute later I went to the watchface home screen to see if the walking icon was there and it was not.

I also could not get back to the auto-detected workout because of this. When I tried the way that I do with manual workouts, Samsung Health did not show that I had a workout in progress for me to click on. I also tried clicking on the walking exercise but it tried to start a new exercise instead of taking me to the current one. So I was never able to get back to it even though it kept tracking until I stopped walking. 

The watchface exercise icon never showed up the whole time and I couldn't get back to the auto-recording screen, so I had no way of knowing whether the walk was still being recorded or not until I stopped walking and the completed workout showed up in Health a couple minutes later.

0 Likes
Rclevit
Asteroid
Options
Discussions

That's weird.. I tried manual recording on my end too by walking my dog (frequent stops during the walk so my watch kept pausing) but walking icon stayed on the bottom. 

1000000818.png

ā€ƒ

1000000819.png

ā€ƒ

1000000824.png

ā€ƒ

1000000826.png

ā€ƒand then I stopped walking to wash my dog feet

1000000827.png

ā€ƒ

1000000828.png

ā€ƒ

0 Likes
jcnote
Galaxy
Options
Discussions

@USBetaModerator3 

I found where the bug is. It is always reproducible for me so I'm hoping it is for devs too so that I will not have to keep getting no log responses. I'm assuming @Rclevit is a dev since they had the same exact watch face configuration as me but if I'm wrong, please excuse the assumption and you can ignore my tag.

Either way, betamoderator, please try or have the devs try turning off Samsung Health watch notificaitons under App notifications. When that is turned off, the exercise icon does not appear. When those notifications are turned on, it does appear. This is always reproducible off and on on my watch and I hope it is for the devs too. When toggling the notifications on and off to test, you have to stop any current workout first before changing the setting for it to be always reproducible.

0 Likes