Did you mean:Ā 

Original topic:

Final build

(Topic created: 08-17-2023 09:03 PM)
Waylander
Halo
Options
Discussions

I need the final build for the Galaxy Watch 4 so I can reset my watch 4 and send it into Samsung as part of my trade-in for my new Galaxy watch 6 asap please. I'm running out of time I only have a few days left to send it in. 

0 Likes

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Options
Discussions

Well if you have a screenshot of that conversation or better yet chat was sent by email you should be good to go. You can always start another chat and reconfirm and save the conversation. Then reset and send it in. Bricked or not!

View solution in context

13 Replies
Options
Discussions

Did you contact customer support to ask for an extension to your time to send it back?

0 Likes
Waylander
Halo
Options
Discussions

No as I stated when I talked to customer service they told me to go ahead and reset the watch and everything would be fine even though I told them that if I reset the watch it might be bricked. 

0 Likes
Solution
Options
Discussions

Well if you have a screenshot of that conversation or better yet chat was sent by email you should be good to go. You can always start another chat and reconfirm and save the conversation. Then reset and send it in. Bricked or not!

Options
Discussions

I agree, you should hold them to it, particularly if you have the documentation of the chat with their agent. The trade-in that you are getting on a GW4 or GW4 classic is not that big (I checked what mine would be worth for trade-in and decided against it). You are a return customer and they should be thankful for that. 

Besides they can put your watch on a tech's bench, and install the stable version quickly when it's available. 

0 Likes
Michael6969
Galaxy
Options
Discussions

You can exit from the beta and format the device. Your product won't be bricked lol. 

If you're not confident you can look up YouTube videos of people reverting from beta software (phone and watch)

0 Likes
Waylander
Halo
Options
Discussions

It states in the beta document that you must go to an authorized Samsung service center to revert back to the last stable version of the software however,

after talking to all service centers in my area I was told no one can do it. 

0 Likes
RyanSr
Comet
Options
Discussions

What are you going to do? Reset it? I'm curious because I'll be in the same boat in 2 weeks when my GW6 arrives. I'm hoping they drop the final build before then but who knows. I was thinking about withdrawing from the beta and doing the factory reset and sending my GW4 in regardless of what happens. 

0 Likes
Waylander
Halo
Options
Discussions

I'm going to wait until Monday and I guess I'm going to reset it and send it in. 

Can't seem to get any help from Samsung on this. I definitely will not do another beta. 

0 Likes
Waylander
Halo
Options
Discussions

Update:

I got an extension till September 3rd. However I need to be sent another shipping label because they put the Best buy where I picked up my watch at as the return address and they put it in my wife's name even though it was ordered from my account so I have no idea what's going on. I can only hope and pray that I get the final build before the 3rd of September. 

NEVER AGAIN!!

0 Likes