Did you mean: 

Original topic:

Fingerprint function barely works

(Topic created: 10-22-2023 07:00 AM)
dontscrewitup
Constellation
Options
Discussions
This is so close to coming out of beta that it concerns me about biometrics barely working on my S23. It's almost impossible to complete adding a new fingerprint and the one that I finally got to take doesn't work most of the time and I have to use my pin. I hear other users are having the same issue. This is very late in the game for having a problem like this. 
0 Likes
4 Replies
ChaosSaber
Neutron Star
Options
Discussions
Mine is fine, using a screen protector?
0 Likes
dontscrewitup
Constellation
Options
Discussions
Should have mentioned that. No screen protector. And nothing has changed on this phone except for jumping onto the beta. I know **bleep** can happen and I live with knowing that. My concern is that they are thisclose to the final release and it still doesn't work right. I'm sure that I will have to reset this phone when the official release is ready.
0 Likes
Options
Discussions

How to fix it: Remove the existing fingerprints, and re-ADD them back.

also remember When adding fingerprints place them on the screen each time at different angles like portrait and landscape both as you add them  (you have to press them like 6 or 7 times each time working toward a different angle.

Please come back and let us know if that worked for you. it worked for me and i can unlock the phone from any position, not just portrait. 

0 Likes
TipsyTrex
Supernova
Options
Discussions
Clean your finger, clean the screen, and submit a bug report via beta feedback. It's either something physical messing with the contact point or you are just experiencing a bug. Nothing to get worked up about.
0 Likes