Did you mean: 

Original topic:

GREAT NEWS.. UPDATE

(Topic created: 11-08-2023 11:57 AM)
Jsinsmailliw
Cosmic Ray
Options
Discussions
THE STABLE VERSION IS SLATED TO ROLL OUT NEXT WEEK , ALSO WITH THE LATEST SECURITY PATCH FOR NOVEMBER. HEARD THAT THE IMPROVEMENTS WILL BE VERY WELCOME, ESPECIALLY FOR US BETA TESTERS WHO KNOW WHAT IT SHOULD FEEL AND LOOK LIKE
17 Replies
Options
Discussions
Hopefully it's not a huge disappointment and half of the things we were asking for haven't been implemented especially when it comes to animations/ OS fluidity and haptics !
Dunnie
Galaxy
Options
Discussions
But it still has to go to the carriers before we get it. So it won't be next week
bwilliance
Halo
Options
Discussions
Why does it even have to go through carriers? Makes no sense to me 😕
Options
Discussions
It's been like that for many years. Vanilla Android gets released → Optimized by Samsung for OneUI → Carrier tweaks for its specific needs → Released to their customers.
bwilliance
Halo
Options
Discussions
Well, obviously Samsung can't release as soon as the new Android version comes out, but my question is why carriers need to be involved in any of this? It honestly shouldn't be this way, and the software should be coming straight from Samsung
0 Likes
TheRoops
Comet
Options
Discussions
The carriers add things like their own voicemail apps and such. There may be optimizations for the bandwidths they use exclusively. Samsung has no reason to want to do that extra work but they do want the money that comes from the carriers selling their phones and accessories.
0 Likes
bwilliance
Halo
Options
Discussions
I feel like voicemail app should be included with the software regardless of carrier. I don't know any other company that does what Samsung does. I don't think Apple does this, idk about other companies. Still doesn't make much sense to me
0 Likes
Dunnie
Galaxy
Options
Discussions
They say it has to make sure it's optimized for their service. They aren't made so to speak for the carrier specifically if it's unlocked. If you understand what I'm saying. I'm trying to explain it the best way i know how. Sorry bout that.
Options
Discussions
Source?