cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Original topic:

Galaxy Watch syncing problems even after resetting it.

(Topic created: 10-11-2023 11:37 AM)
Mike-B
Comet
Options
Discussions
I've been having problems getting messages or calls or just anything really on my Galaxy Watch 5 Pro to work correctly even after factory resetting the watch and reconnecting it to the phone and setting up the number sync again it's still weird and when it syncs the messages it ends up syncing every single message twice in every single conversation from different people. For instance I was talking to people all day today and my watch had all of the messages fine on it but after rebooting the watch when it connected to the phone, the phone didn't even to check and see if it already had the messages synced to it so it instead started sending every single message causing there to be 2 of the same exact messages that you can see in the screenshots I provided for you to see the problem. 

10 Replies
userlQcCM1wRc8
Red Giant
Options
Discussions
I have not reset my Watch 5 Pro or Watch 6 Classic, but they both have the same issue that you site with the duplicate messages in the notifications.
When opening the Google Messages app on the watches, there are not duplicate messages there just in the notifications.

It is annoying! 😔

I don't think it is a beta One UI issue as it is likely to be a Wear OS issue that Samsung needs to resolve with the watches.
I have also done what I can to disable Samsung Messages but the problem persists.
Mike-B
Comet
Options
Discussions
Yeah, me too and I'm really familiar with the operating system because I've compiled some of my own personal Android operating systems back in the day and because of the fact that I don't have root access on the S23 Ultra I'm severely limited in what I can and can't do in order to help find a fix. It's rather annoying as heck that my watch will just suddenly decide to connect to my phones bluetooth and then start syncing all of the messages twice in every single conversation because then the watch constantly makes noise and then starts dying really quickly because of it and there's just unfortunately nothing I can do with the locked bootloader and no root access.
userlQcCM1wRc8
Red Giant
Options
Discussions
We are at the mercy of the Samsung devs for a fix !
userlQcCM1wRc8
Red Giant
Options
Discussions
Of course, if you don't want your watch to connect to your phone, turn off the watch Bluetooth. Not ideal.
Mike-B
Comet
Options
Discussions
That's definitely not really ideal lol.. I didn't pay that much money just to have to turn it off. For now I have just muted the watch and I'm only using vibration for now.
usergyVgWvfBGs
Asteroid
Options
Discussions
I have problem with receiving and making call through my both GW5 Pro and GW6 Classic after the last beta update. I can make and receive calls but no voice on mic nor the speaker. I have to switch to the phone to continue the call. I removed and reinstall the Galaxy Wearable, reset bothe wifi and Bluetooth on my phone, and reset both watched without restoring from backups. Still having the same problem. Something is wrong with Bluetooth communications between the phone and watches. I have no problem using my earbods in phone calls.
Mike-B
Comet
Options
Discussions
Same here but unfortunately there's really nothing we can do about it Samsung has to fix this problem.
0 Likes
rickzz
Asteroid
Options
Discussions
My watch 3 won't setup with beta
0 Likes
Options
Discussions
Same here! I'm not able to use my watch as a standalone device anymore so.. pretty much paid the premium price for the LTE model and am unable to even use it, functionally. 🤷🏾‍:male_sign: I got @betamoderator & the Samsung team are able to fix it soon for us all.
0 Likes