Did you mean:Ā 

Original topic:

General performance issues of One UI 6 build AXAA for Watch 4

(Topic created: Sunday)
Scubadog200
Galaxy
Options
Discussions

The install went with no issues.  After booting back up, I've noticed the following issues:

- Even with display sensitivity toggle high (for gloves, etc.) it does not respond well to touch.  Multiple taps, turning the screen off and on, etc., does not improve the responsiveness

- From the home screen, attempts to swipe left or right (to get to pinned tiles or notifications) are initially 'ignored', but once they do work the fluidity of animation is very stuttered.  Vertical swipes are more responsive, but equally stuttered

- Battery life is significantly shorter.  My Watch 4, during normal use (I don't do much in the way of fitness or music) the device tracked withing a couple of percent with the battery use of my S24 Ultra.  Now, at 5:15pm, the Watch is at 55% while my S24 Ultra is at 76%.

- Positives: I generally like the updated look of everything, particularly the font.  I'm curious as to the background color on the Weather tile and the icon color on the Workout tile, though.  They're really....BRIGHT.

So, bottom line, the issues are Touch Sensitivity, Responsiveness and Battery Life.

4 Replies
Chef31684
Red Giant
Options
Discussions

Have you tried wiping thr cache partition of your watch and then rebooting.

Seems to have cleared everything up for me on my GW4 Classic

0 Likes
Scubadog200
Galaxy
Options
Discussions

I actually tried that early on, but it didn't help.

0 Likes
Scubadog200
Galaxy
Options
Discussions

UPDATE: I discovered another oddity with the watch display not be responsive.  If you have the watch configured to turn on the display when you turn your wrist to look at the watch, it will IGNORE ALL TOUCH INPUT.  You MUST press the home button to open the display and THEN you can interact.  The responsiveness is STILL very iffy (taking more than one swipe to do anything, and animations are not...animated.  Jarring).

0 Likes
USBetaModerator3
Beta Moderator
Options
Discussions

Hello @Scubadog200

Thank you for your feedback. 

For Sensitivity issues (with gloves), please send us the error report via Galaxy Wearable, to help us analyze this issue. 

For responsive issue, it seems that some apps are causing the lag that results in stuttering. But we would get a clearer understanding once your errors are evaluated. (Watch sensor not detecting your wrist properly> causing your watch to not wake up ...etc)

For battery issue, similar expectation with responsive issue, we suspect that certain apps are running excessively on the background but may need more information from the logs. However, battery issue is typically common during Beta due to instability in software.

Again, we appreciate your contribution to Beta program.

Regards,

One UI Beta Team

0 Likes