Did you mean: 

Original topic:

Goodlock Modules not working

(Topic created: 08-11-2023 07:19 PM)
Faith7777
Comet
Options
Discussions
My three favorite Goodlock modules are no longer working, it says unplugged. Navstar, Quickstar, Notistar.
I did read that I can go back to the previous One UI 5.1. However I don't want to do that since it involves a factory restore.
Will these modules be fixed soon. Or are they gone forever?
I'd appreciate any help you could give me. 
Thank you. 
15 Replies
ChaosSaber
Honored Contributor
Options
Discussions
Good Lock normally don't work until stable is released
0 Likes
Faith7777
Comet
Options
Discussions
I guess I didn't understand what beta meant when i did this, i follow Jimmy Promo on youtube and didnt realize this isnt a normal update. Now reading reply to the comments, I'm now understanding this is some kind of trial run? Is it normally a long time before the stable is released?
0 Likes
JumpingHoses
Nebula
Options
Discussions
This is a beta test, emphasis on test. It's like a trial run of unfinished software so they can fix bugs and get feedback from real users.

It'll be in beta for around 2-3 months if it's like last year. We'll get new beta releases to test during that time, but GoodLock may not be updated for a while.
0 Likes
Faith7777
Comet
Options
Discussions
Thank you, I guess I had bo idea what I was doing or what it meant .lol
0 Likes
bluefire
Nebula
Options
Discussions
It takes a few beta updates, usually around 2-3 months begore getting the official version
Faith7777
Comet
Options
Discussions
Thank you for letting me know. I'm going to go back to the 5.1 even if it means factory restore. I don't want to go months before using the goodlock modules again.
JaydenR
Cosmic Ray
Options
Discussions
How do you go back because I can't go without that either?
Faith7777
Comet
Options
Discussions
I'm in the phone with Samsung right now, it may not be possible even though I read it was online. Will update you when I find out what technical support says
Faith7777
Comet
Options
Discussions
Unfortunately it seems there may be a possibility of downgrading back to the 5.1 but it needs to be brought to a service center. The way he explained it, it's best to wait till the next update, once you start trying to fix the system it can cause more problems down the road.
I think I may just wait it out, and try to be patient. If I do end up going to a service center I will update. At the moment I probably will not take a chance. Lessons learned for me!.