Did you mean: 

Original topic:

How do I get back to regular use I opted out of Beta but I am still running it

(Topic created: 10-13-2023 07:45 AM)
userRP9XBlW9o1
Constellation
Options
Discussions
How do I get back to regular use I opted out of Beta but I am still running it. Even after updating to the ui software 
5 Replies
NoneYa916
Galaxy
Options
Discussions
Plug your phone into your computer and reinstall 5.1 via smart switch where you backed it up before installing the beta
userRP9XBlW9o1
Constellation
Options
Discussions
I did not back it up prior to the bets.
But, still I have been trying all day to get out via smart switch but it just loads for hrs..... I think even my laptop broke doing this. I just unplugged from the laptop I have legit tried over 15hrs today.... Nothing works
0 Likes
Mike-B
Comet
Options
Discussions
You need to download a program called odin on your laptop and you also need to download the last firmware version you had installed before the beta firmware was installed. This is your only option at this point. You need odin on your laptop and you need to get the correct firmware version, the firmware is the baseband version meaning S918U OR S918U1 and I would suggest you Google how to flash Samsung firmware using odin before proceeding. Again you absolutely need to download the CORRECT FIRMWARE VERSION!
0 Likes
Options
Discussions

After you opt out. Resartt your Phone then Check for updates. Other option is Smart Switch. Which will roll back to Android 13 and restore your back ups IF you made one like instructed.

0 Likes
USBetaModerator2
Beta Moderator
Options
Discussions

Hello,

We apologize you are having difficulties downgrading to Android 13.

After Withdrawing from the Beta via Samsung Members app, you can downgrade using Samsung Smart Switch.  Below are the steps:

1. Install Smart Switch on  your PC and your device.

2. Connect your device to the PC.

3. On the device, "allow" USB connection.

4. Once device is connected, there should be a downgrade option displayed on the PC Smart Switch app.

5. Tap that and the downgrade process should start.

We apologize for the inconvenience.  Please let us know if you have any other issues.

Regards,

One UI Beta Team

0 Likes