Did you mean:Ā 

Original topic:

Material You

(Topic created: 09-23-2021 08:26 AM)
Jay3578
Comet
Options
Discussions
Ok, so I've seen a few articles lately that point out to Android 12.1 as the version that will allow Android manufacturers to access "Monet", code for their wallpaper based theming. If this is indeed the case, the radical change we were waiting to see on One UI 4.0 may not be a thing in this beta at all if Google decides to "delay" its release to give the Pixel an edge. Apparently Google is serious about their Pixel line this time around, allegedly spending as much as Samsung in marketing, so that suspicion may not be so farfetched after all. Well, at least in my view.

What do you guys think about this? Am I looking at this all wrong? Do you have a different assessment/opinion? I'd like to know. 
12 Replies
Bertolo
Comet
Options
Discussions
You could be right but Samsung has Theme Park and it could be integrated into One UI 4.0.
0 Likes
Cabragg
Constellation
Options
Discussions
I think if they're going to adopt more of the material ui it'll be through theme park.
0 Likes
JohanT98
Comet
Options
Discussions
Probably.
0 Likes
AL54
Star
Options
Discussions
Agreed
0 Likes
Jay3578
Comet
Options
Discussions
That's true but Theme Park is very tedious to use, do you think they'll want to go through the trouble to modify it when 12.1 may be coming soon?
JohanT98
Comet
Options
Discussions
I could see Google delaying Monet for the Pixel's sake. The design is unique and they know this. They know people will be drawn to it. Shoot, I'm drawn to it and have been debating trading in my Ultra for the Pixel 6 Pro if they let me. Google wants that advantage this time around.
0 Likes
Cabragg
Constellation
Options
Discussions
Does anybody know which manufacturer is making the pixel 6 series?
0 Likes
Jay3578
Comet
Options
Discussions
Yeah. I'm also considering it for the first time. Let's hope Samsung can pull a trick up their sleeves and surprise us with something just as great or better. šŸ¤ž
0 Likes
JohanT98
Comet
Options
Discussions
I'm hoping so, too šŸ˜¬ šŸ¤žšŸ¼.