Did you mean: 

Original topic:

Microphone status indicators

(Topic created: 10-23-2022 10:21 PM)
AL54
Star
Options
Discussions
The top green status bar indicates the microphone was being accessed by two programs, Samsung keyboard and also Google. NO program was active at the time and permissions showed no applications using the microphone. All programs are closed, via "Close All'. Phone needed to be Reset to turn the indicator light off... Or, the status indicator can be turned off by removing microphone permissions in Google and then re-granting microphone permission. 

0 Likes
2 Replies
NeonX89
Comet
Options
Discussions
It may be application level? I do have that happen on mine sometimes. I think it may briefly activate at random if it thinks you may have said it's "hotword". Noticed while watching YouTube or TV around it or even near dead silence. Lol

And I'll mention the past where time talking about fixing "seasoning" a cast iron skillet to my father while nothing was activated or open "never searched or typed or anything" how to do so...

Open my phone and open google news feed to see news story's and it was all based in cooking and seasoning a cast iron pan lol...

Yes I say remove the permissions lol
0 Likes
AL54
Star
Options
Discussions
The Voice input issues are a system-wide problem. It is not working properly delays and errors that make it unusable.
I think you are correct that the 'microphone is in use' indicator IS an application-level problem. When trying to use voice input with Samsumg keyboard or Google search, the indicator turns on, showing the microphone in use. After you try the malfunctioning voice input and manually close the apps, showing NO open applications, the microphone indicator is still active.

The very front of the must-fix list for me and my S21 Ultra is VOICE INPUT.
0 Likes