Options
Discussions
HereScreenshot_20220930_061609_Samsung Members.jpg
0 Likes
Tom6068
Supernova
Options
Discussions
Tbh, I see no purpose for that function on a smartphone. A PC is one thing as there may be multiple users in a home where creating different login accts makes sense. But for me anyway, a smartphone is really for one person to use.

Having said that, that doesn't mean it may not be useful for people who share their smartphones.
Options
Discussions
Have you completely forgotten about Dex?
Some people don't have a PC and use their s22u as a desktop. Allowing their kids to research for homework, and wives to browse recipes.

I've never tried Dex, but I hear it's a competent PC alternative.
Tom6068
Supernova
Options
Discussions
Dex is for using the S22 interface on a desktop by connecting it to a PC or even a TV. Like if someone has a PC why would they give their phone for another person to use it on a functional PC?
0 Likes
KBWolf
Nebula
Options
Discussions
Dex isn't exclusively on PC, you even said yourself. Once you hook your phone up to a TV/monitor it becomes the PC, so being able to have multiple accounts (ie for personal and work) would be very useful to have your different apps and data.
I have seen people use Dex with portable monitors and peripherals as pseudo laptops/workstations so I can understand how not having multiuser can be kind of a pain.
0 Likes
Tom6068
Supernova
Options
Discussions
Read what I said about tying up two devices. Also what difference does multiuser have if the phone is tied up on another device. It literally is using two devices to perform a one user task.

Honestly, Dex is a gimic with no real benefits other than to project one's phone onto another device.
0 Likes
Ryan891
Supernova
Options
Discussions
Yeah, I've never used it, but I can see how it would be helpful for some
KBWolf
Nebula
Options
Discussions
Well this kinda sucks,, it's a nice feature to have
blazeBark
Nebula
Options
Discussions
Guess I'm gonna have to block the Samsung update servers then - now that I've experienced it, multi-user support is something I need.