Did you mean: 

Original topic:

Network connectivity issues

(Topic created: 09-07-2022 11:12 AM)
TJET5
Cosmic Ray
Options
Discussions
I am having a MAJOR issue. After switching my Sim card for ATT to my backup device, then switching the Sim back to my main device (This galaxy s22 Ultra), the mobile network/data doesn't register the Sim with the phone. I called ATT for resolution, and after 3 hours of troubleshooting the phone still couldn't connect to the network. NEXT, I went to ATT to get a new Sim card. After the new Sim card was installed and the phone restarted, I STILL couldnt connect to my network. My phone is now inaccessible. I now have to discontinue using the beta software until an update is pushed to fix this. Please, samsung, fix this problem ASAP! 🙏🏽
9 Replies
userB4axmjtuln
Astronaut
Options
Discussions
I am having network issues please help 🙂 🙏
0 Likes
user751201tmO21
Honored Contributor
Options
Discussions
go post your own thread vs hijacking this one
0 Likes
user751201tmO21
Honored Contributor
Options
Discussions
Doesn't sound like an update is required to fix this.

It was working BEFORE you removed the SIM, correct ?

... you removed the SIM, placed it in another device, used it, ...

... then removed the SIM and put it back into the phone and now doesn't work.

That's all physically (hardware) related.

Why the software would "magically" not work now (after fooling around with the hardware) is questionable.

Are you CERTAIN that the SIM is oriented into the holder correctly and is snapped in place (before inserting into slot) ??
TJET5
Cosmic Ray
Options
Discussions
Yes I made sure everything was placed the way it should be. The ATT rep checked as well.
0 Likes
userB4axmjtuln
Astronaut
Options
Discussions
What
0 Likes
usermzeJaY3BsM
Black Hole
Options
Discussions

Also try deleting your cache partition, This also happened to me when I first joined the Beta, and I left without trying this, but suggested it to another user in the beta, and it worked.  To delete your cache partition, follow these steps:

1) Turn off your phone

2) Turn on your phone by pressing and holding the Volume up button and the Power button until you see the Android logo (the robot)

3) Use the volume down button until "Wipe Cache Partition" is selected (if you pass this the volume button will go up)

4) Press the power/bixby button to select Wipe Cache Partition

5) Press volume down again to highlight Yes

6) Press the Power/Bixby button to select Yes

7) Press the Power/Bixby button to select Reboot system now.

This will restart your phone, once back up, see if you can connect to the cell towers.

0 Likes
TJET5
Cosmic Ray
Options
Discussions
Yes I did this as well and for some reason my network still doesn't work. I guess I will take it into Samsung, but I don't see how this can be a hardware issue when the phone has been working fine the whole time
0 Likes
usermzeJaY3BsM
Black Hole
Options
Discussions

One final thing to try would be to reset your network settings.  This will not remove data from your device, but will make it forget all WiFi networks and bluetooth pairings.  To do this follow this path:

Settings | General management | Reset | Reset network settings | Reset Settings.

Not sure if any of your TS steps covered this, but it may help if not.

Also of note, you are on a beta build, perhaps leaving the beta is your best option.

TJET5
Cosmic Ray
Options
Discussions
Ya I might have to leave the beta. I had to reset my network setting as well when they tried to troubleshoot it. It got to a point where they didn't know what else to do and just told me to go to a samsung repair shop
0 Likes