Did you mean: 

Original topic:

Newer Kernel in Beta 5 than Final

(Topic created: 10-30-2022 08:25 AM)
usersibEEM9oVD
Cosmic Ray
Options
Discussions
My wife got the stable update today.  I haven't since I'm on the beta.  I noticed the Kernel date for hers is Oct 13 and the beta 5 I'm on is Oct 14.  

Anyone else notice this? 

3 Replies
Ryan891
Supernova
Options
Discussions
I can't compare because my wife has t updated her device yet(she wasn't on beta), but a difference of one day means nothing
0 Likes
lostone123
Astronaut
Options
Discussions
Only non beta s22s are getting full stable version today. Thats our reward for being a beta tester.
0 Likes
userBhj8GHk9hkc
Asteroid
Options
Discussions
Something to note: I have beta tested Samsung software for years now. Typically we see a public release candidate or two before release. Remember, we have a newer Kernel as stated. We have the latest security patch as well. Our official release will most likely have a November security patch as well. Verizon variant got the official release of one ui 5.0/android 13 as well.. but they're security patch is only on September. The beta has the latest and greatest beyond what versions any non beta has downloaded. Period. Beta got the latest and best and besides beta 5 is stable and compliments to Samsung because the beta testing has been fairly smooth compared to past years. Battery is even better than a year ago on this software.