Did you mean: 

Original topic:

One UI 5 corrected common wifi 6 issue

(Topic created: 08-09-2022 08:49 AM)
KeiBis
Astronaut
Options
Discussions
So the update fixed my wifi issues... to which I am so **bleep**g happy. I wanted to throw the phone away, tbh. 

So apparently Samsung galaxy phones were having issues with wifi, slow connection speeds. Apparently it was specifici to Wifi 6 tech. I can now say, I am no longer experiencing the issue 🙌🏽 
6 Replies
USBetaModerator2
Beta Moderator
Options
Discussions

Hello,

Thank you for your Feedback. We appreciate your contribution to the Beta community.

Regards,
One UI Beta Team

blambtn
Comet
Options
Discussions
Unfortunately, my wifi connection has gotten worse after the update. I have to turn wifi off for pages to load etc.
KeiBis
Astronaut
Options
Discussions
That's what I was experiencing prior to the update. Could never use the wifi at my house, which is wifi 6 technology. I really curious now why it's happening for you.

Have you tried rebooting your router and resetting network settings in your phone? Or maybe if not resetting, just forget that specific Hotspot to "recalibrate" the connection?

Also, are you using wifi 6 tech (dual band capable of switching between 2.4 & 5 GHz automatically)?

If you have a wifi 6 router then you won't see separate bands for your network? Any previous wifi tech would have, as an example: "Fios-Xyz2t 2.4GHz" and "Fios-Xyz2t 5GHz" as available networks, whereas the new wifi 6 router just says: "Fios-Xyz2t" switching between the 2/choosing the most appropriate band automatically.

Anyway, hope this helps you out in some way. I know it drove me crazy... almost returned the phone 😑
KeiBis
Astronaut
Options
Discussions
You may show that it's wifi 6 connection as seen from my screenshot. Screenshot_20220809_223039_Samsung Members_1000000054_1660098639.jpg
blambtn
Comet
Options
Discussions
Thanks for the insight! My issues occur at home and at work and neither are wifi 6.
0 Likes
KeiBis
Astronaut
Options
Discussions
Have you tried the troubleshooting steps for wifi issues?