Original topic:

One UI 6 | Current state and Suggestions

(Topic created: 09-26-2023 08:29 PM)
Charlie
Halo
Options
Discussions

One UI 6 | Current state

Samsung still 𝗻𝗲𝗲𝗱𝘀 to do the following to improve One UI 6 in its current form and I won't be gentle about it:

1) 𝗔𝗡𝗜𝗠𝗔𝗧𝗜𝗢𝗡𝗦: FIX. The.  Animations already. Make them GOOD non-linear ones. Copy Apple's or OriginOS, smooth ones if you have to but for fk's sake, do something so we can finally easily notice an improvement over 5.1

2) 𝗖𝗔𝗠𝗘𝗥𝗔 :camera_with_flash: : Fix the laggy mess that surrounds using the Camera app. This includes being able to use Motion photos, and fixing the lens switching glitches during Zoom in and out

3) 𝗤𝗨𝗜𝗖𝗞 𝗦𝗘𝗧𝗧𝗜𝗡𝗚𝗦 𝗣𝗔𝗡𝗘𝗟: Take the Feedback and concepts that the community has provided and reintegrate and improve the lost reachability from One UI 5.1 to 6 and perhaps rethink elements' position in the panel. I'm talking about the fully expanded panel especially.

4) 𝗕𝗔𝗧𝗧𝗘𝗥𝗬 𝗚𝗥𝗔𝗣𝗛 :battery:: Bring back all the info that you removed from 5.1 such as the Screen OFF time and perhaps even the estimated remaining time and present it in an easy to understand way. 5.1's look is straightforward.

5) 𝗕𝗔𝗧𝗧𝗘𝗥𝗬 𝗟𝗜𝗙𝗘 :battery:: Please make sure battery life and phone optimizations are at least as good as One UI 5.1 September update.

6) 𝗜𝗡𝗧𝗘𝗚𝗥𝗔𝗧𝗜𝗢𝗡: Integrate your apps into the OS, I'm thinking specifically Camera Assistant and improve Expert RAW integration. A lot of people, including tech YouTubers don't even know that these apps exist. Integrate them as part of the stock settings. 

7) 𝗜𝗖𝗢𝗡𝗦: Those icons are outdated, we need a fresh update. This is late in the game but probably for 6.1 or 7.

😎 𝗔𝗢𝗗 :mobile_phone:: Add smart widgets or rather smart status updates from Uber and such apps into the AOD/Lockscreen. Provide new AOD clocks.

9) 𝗖𝗛𝗔𝗥𝗚𝗜𝗡𝗚 𝗔𝗡𝗗 𝗨𝗡𝗟𝗢𝗖𝗞𝗜𝗡𝗚 :high_voltage:: Provide a new improved charging and fingerprint unlock animations. 

:warning: The list is not exhaustive but improving the above will definitely greatly increase user experience. One UI 6 Beta isn't bad, but it's not great, especially the listed items over 5.1. You clearly have the resources to fix all this.

STOP BEING CHEAP AND STOP THE COST-CUTTING STRATEGIES.

8 Replies
Options
Discussions
So, I do agree a bit, but I'm just warning you that this isn't the beta forum and I can't guarantee that they won't move this post into that.

For context; I was telling the people that were iffy about joining that my Google wallet app was still working after the update, and for whatever reason they decided I shouldn't let anyone outside the beta forums know, and they moved my post into the beta forums. For whatever reason.
Options
Discussions
Wait, your wallet still worked on beta? How? I don't personally use Google wallet I use samsung wallet but I still know that my Google wallet will not allow payment to be made and contactless is completely disabled on OneUI 6 beta. It tells me I'm on unofficial software so contactless payment has been disabled. Pretty sure everyone aside from you can't use Google wallet, were immediately flagged by Google as running an unofficial or "way less secure " OS and so betas outside of Google own pixels are always disabled. I'm very curious as to how one single person is still able to access what hundreds of thousands of people can't..I'm not calling you a liar but it would be akin to winning the lottery for you to actually still be able to buy stuff using Google wallet contactless pay as you're payment method. We all can still fully use the app, but go try and make a purchase with it and it won't let you.
Options
Discussions
Well, here's the thing, when I upgraded I used Google wallet and it didn't notify me of any issues for awhile. Then I think I restarted my phone and that's when it started telling me about that same warning, but I was able to use wallet before that happened lol
Options
Discussions

Aahhh that makes so much more sense. I was ready to call you out because there's no way that your phone was on OneUI 6 and You were able to make a contactless purchase with Google wallet lol but that situation you just explained is completely understandable as Google would have no idea essentially until some time after when your phone reports itself to Google that you've officially updated which normally happens after a reboot or at night when your phone's on the charger and idle so completely understandable in the way you just explained it. I didn't get any alerts either about Google wallet until I read a bunch of articles about how Samsung and Google wallet both won't work so I started  out because I literally haven't used anything but my watch with Samsung wallet and my phone with Samsung wallet to pay for anything in months and if Samsung wallet was not available I was downgrading immediately but thankfully all of those hundreds of articles were wrong and Samsung wallet works perfectly fine but Google wallet absolutely does not work for anybody. Samsung allows it to work because it's their software beta just like pixel phones aren't banned from using Google pay or Google wallet because Google designed the beta that they are using. Samsung pay is the greatest thing ever especially when you have a watch to go with it it takes me 5 seconds to pay for my stuff anywhere I am and I don't have to carry a wallet in my back pocket everywhere I just leave my wallet in my car in case I get pulled over or something I have my license in my glove box in my wallet other than that though I have completely switched from physical payments to virtual payments. Every credit card and debit card I own is in Samsung pay or Samsung wallet whatever you want to call it. It's Samsung wallet now but it used to be Samsung pay so I'm used to saying pay instead of wallet

Charlie
Halo
Options
Discussions
Yeah! I know, I'm just posting this everywhere, like most ppl. I posted it on the beta forum, Twitter (X), Reddit, etc. Because, it really sucks that Samsung has all the resources to do this right, and they still can't. Even budget phones from other brand have smoother animations and optimized software, which it's a shame. But thanks (:
bwilliance
Halo
Options
Discussions
Agreed. One UI 6 isn't looking like a very big update compared to other OS's updates. It's honestly kind of a step back in some areas compared to 5.1. There's a lot of room for improvement.
0 Likes
USBetaModerator2
Beta Moderator
Options
Discussions

Hello,
Thank you for your feedback.

We appreciate your contribution to the Beta Program.

Regards,
One UI Beta Team

0 Likes
tidi07
Constellation
Options
Discussions

Talking with animations the camera zooming animation needs to be smoother and software itself needs to be more alive. I found a well animated fan made video of one ui 6 which is pretty good and a lot of those features need to be on the actual one ui 6. Link: https://youtube.com/shorts/fXm2dikNUUk?si=SP8yM3VAimdXvWOO

0 Likes