Did you mean: 

Original topic:

One ui 6 battery

(Topic created: 2 weeks ago)
feellucky
Asteroid
Options
Discussions

One ui 6.  Normally my watch battery would be in the 90s percent when I wake.  Now it is in the low 80s.  I checked battery usage and found that samsung text to speech app has used 18% of battery.  Under apps from wearos scroll down to samsung text to speech engjne.  Open it and you will see battery usage.  

6 Replies
realaud
Neutron Star
Options
Discussions

How often to you restart your watch to clear it out?  You should do it at least once a week and certainly when either your watch, wear app software, or phone get an update.  The battery use percentage is deceptive because I think it shows usage over a 24-hour period (unless you look at battery usage since last full charge), so if you used text to speech to respond to messages on the watch, it will use more battery power.  Periodically restarting the watch, closes all open apps and background processes and starts fresh.

0 Likes
Robin621k
Neutron Star
Options
Discussions
You can try this, in the wearable app go to settings, apps Samsung Text to speech, force stop.
0 Likes
feellucky
Asteroid
Options
Discussions
Already tried that and it starts back up automatically
0 Likes
realaud
Neutron Star
Options
Discussions

I don't get it.  I use text to speech all the time on my watch, and I don't have any entries for battery usage by the text to speech engine.  Clear the cache partition.

0 Likes
realaud
Neutron Star
Options
Discussions

On your watch, are you using the default Samsung keyboard?  I download G-Board for the watch, because it's a real keyboard not that dippy phone pad keyboard.  Maybe that's why I don't get the text to speech usage engine always on.

0 Likes
feellucky
Asteroid
Options
Discussions
I do use samsung keyboard, but I just changed it to use Google speech to text and now it doesn't use the battery as much
0 Likes