Did you mean: 

Original topic:

Phone went 93% to 0% instantly

(Topic created: 09-05-2022 01:28 PM)
JaVonS
Cosmic Ray
Options
Discussions
So My phone was at 93% battery life and randomly turned off with 0% battery life. 

Ok, so I was at work (phone plugged up majority of the shift), watching Tik Tok on my phone, then switched to Pokémon Go. Pokémon Go would not load, showing black screen. I force closed Pokémon Go to relaunch the app. 

The phone starts glitching/stuttering, then just turns off. I pressed the power button to try to turn it back on, and it did absolutely nothing. Would not turn on at all. I plug in the charger, and the charge indicator on-screen shows up with no percentage. After connecting and disconnecting the charger a few times. It finally shows a charge percentage of 1%, 2%, 3% and slowing climbing. 

The phone went from 93% to 0% instantly. I've seen anything like that happen before. And yes i am 200% positive it was 93%. I took the phone off the charger only about 10-15 minutes BEFORE it turned off. Now it works normally. It was so weird.
5 Replies
Tom6068
Supernova
Options
Discussions
Sounds like an app took over. Go to setting/battery and device care/ then click on the battery section and look at the apps on the lower half of the screen.
JaVonS
Cosmic Ray
Options
Discussions
I was thinking it was a RAM issue. The way the phone was acting, it seemed like it was the RAM.
0 Likes
Jay3578
Comet
Options
Discussions
I'm extremely dubious that this glitch was caused by an app, as it will take a long amount of time for it to drain. Is it possible the phone erroneously reported 93% when reality it was below 10%? That could explain why the phone was slow.
0 Likes
JaVonS
Cosmic Ray
Options
Discussions
Sorry for the late response. I had the phone on the charger for most of my work shift. Battery was low when I put it on (but not super low)
0 Likes
USBetaModerator2
Beta Moderator
Options
Discussions

Hello ,
Thank you for your feedback.
If you haven’t already, Please update Samsung Members app to latest version from the Galaxy store and send us an error report immediately after experiencing the issue from the Samsung member’s app -> Beta Feedback -> Error Reports to help us debug the issue.
We apologize for the inconvenience and appreciate your contribution to the beta program.

Regards,
One UI Beta Team