JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Remotely connected using wifi

(Topic created: a week ago)
Members_dU4MtMD
Constellation
Options
Discussions

My Galaxy Watch 6 Classic just told me on the Wearables app that it's remotely connected using Wi-Fi. However, neither my watch nor my phone was connected to Wi-Fi. I was receiving all my calls and notifications, and there was no Wi-Fi around me. Everything showed that I was connected to Bluetooth in the watch settings. I had to disconnect Bluetooth on the phone and then reconnect in the Wearables app to turn off the remote connection. Has this happened to anyone else? I've never experienced this before.

0 Likes

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
USBetaModerator3
Beta Moderator
Options
Discussions

Hello @Members_dU4MtMD

Thank you for your feedback on remote connection behavior.

Normally, Watch will be "remotely connected via WiFi or LTE" once it is disconnected from Phone (BT disconnected) and Network connection is stronger than Bluetooth connection (Phone Access Point is further than WiFi/LTE connection). Once remotely connected, your Watch setting is still configurable as well. It seems that all your functionalities are working as intended "Call/Notification/Settings working when remotely connected", except that it was connected to a "Ghost WiFi".

If you find this behavior suspicious, please don't hesitate to submit the error report (with screenshots and details on No-WiFi zone yet connected). 

Error Report Steps: Galaxy Wearable App > Contact Us > Send Error Report > Check "Send Diagnostic log" box along with descriptions (DO NOT CLOSE THE APP until all the apps are submitted).

Regards,

One UI Beta Team

View solution in context

0 Likes
2 Replies
Solution
USBetaModerator3
Beta Moderator
Options
Discussions

Hello @Members_dU4MtMD

Thank you for your feedback on remote connection behavior.

Normally, Watch will be "remotely connected via WiFi or LTE" once it is disconnected from Phone (BT disconnected) and Network connection is stronger than Bluetooth connection (Phone Access Point is further than WiFi/LTE connection). Once remotely connected, your Watch setting is still configurable as well. It seems that all your functionalities are working as intended "Call/Notification/Settings working when remotely connected", except that it was connected to a "Ghost WiFi".

If you find this behavior suspicious, please don't hesitate to submit the error report (with screenshots and details on No-WiFi zone yet connected). 

Error Report Steps: Galaxy Wearable App > Contact Us > Send Error Report > Check "Send Diagnostic log" box along with descriptions (DO NOT CLOSE THE APP until all the apps are submitted).

Regards,

One UI Beta Team

0 Likes
Members_dU4MtMD
Constellation
Options
Discussions

Understood. I will monitor the situation and report any further irregularities. I was unable to access my settings, which alerted me to the changes. I will provide screenshots if the issue persists.

0 Likes