Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Original topic:

Restarting is caused by WiFi 6

(Topic created: 09-15-2023 12:00 PM)
Options
Discussions
So after going all morning at my other job (WiFi 5), the second I got to my second job and connected to WiFi 6 the restarting over and over started happening again. Like when the WiFi symbol shows a 6 - the phone starts restarting.

After testing lots of different things - this is the problem. It's the only thing that's different when it's restarting constantly vs not.
16 Replies
smokerek
Galaxy
Options
Discussions
I think it's wifi 6e but we are on the same path because everywhere else it's not rebooting
MadHatter01
Galaxy
Options
Discussions
Same issue here. I have wifi 6e so that explains it. I just got home and as soon as it connected it reboot.
BMcBain92
Cosmic Ray
Options
Discussions
It's cause by WIFI 6E, I separated the band last night and so far no issue with regular wifi 6
camb8
Nebula
Options
Discussions
No it's not
0 Likes
camb8
Nebula
Options
Discussions
Yall all have auto optimization schedule on yall need to turn it off 😒 that's the cause of it
0 Likes
Options
Discussions
It's really not mine is off but if I connect to WiFi 6 the restarts start
crash6x86
Asteroid
Options
Discussions
Same with me. People keep saying auto optimization is the issue but many people have it off
Dcn_Pat
Cosmic Ray
Options
Discussions
I've never had auto optimization on but my device reboots constantly after the beta 3 update when wifi is on.
Options
Discussions
I also believe that it's WiFi 6e. Yesterday from the moment I downloaded Beta 3 my phone crashed 6 to 7 times per hour. I have a mesh Wifi 6e network. Went out late afternoon expecting to struggle with the crashes but everything was perfect. Saw a post about WiFi 6e so turned off WiFi when I got home. No crashes in last 24 hrs. It's not great that I don't have access to my WiFi but beats crashes.

I don't have auto optimization on and I clear the system cache after each crash after sending crash report to Samsung.

UPDATE : Turned on Wi-Fi after 30 hours without a crash and phone has crashed twice in 30 minutes. Both crash reports sent. WiFi is now off again and will stay off until we get a fix.
0 Likes