Did you mean: 

Original topic:

S21 Beta And Tmobile Service

(Topic created: 11-12-2023 04:06 PM)
Metal_Jon
Constellation
Options
Discussions
Anyone else who is on beta having issues with keeping wireless service connection? I currently have service issues such as service is searching, and I can't send text messages unless I restart my device
17 Replies
SpanishBoywonder
Asteroid
Options
Discussions
Yea I had to switch to lte
useru9yOmKaclx
Cosmic Ray
Options
Discussions
Getting worse, now happening mid call. Settings>General Management>Reset>Reset Mobile Network Settings, will temporarily fix. It is also clear when this happens as "T-Mobile" changes to "Emergency Calls Only" in top banner.
0 Likes
JMan82
Asteroid
Options
Discussions
Same here. I notice it when texts don't send. I restart my phone and it works but it happens every few days. If it isn't resolved soon I'm withdrawing from beta
0 Likes
useru9yOmKaclx
Cosmic Ray
Options
Discussions
I turned off 5G and forced T-mobile network (stopped network scanning). Things have worked for 24 hours.
0 Likes
JohnnyODrums
Cosmic Ray
Options
Discussions
S21 + similar issue. I lose cellular and get a pop up that asks "switch to global mode?" Verizon. Impossible to click ok or cancel. Need to reboot phone.
useru9yOmKaclx
Cosmic Ray
Options
Discussions
Isolated to having 5G on. Turning 5G off, stopped the problem, although creates the problem of no 5G. Talked with T-mobile, they suggested that it was no property auto adjusting from 5G to 4G/LTE when signal for 5G changed. Instead kept searching for another 5G. This only happened on beta 2, so I suspect there is something about signal checking in beta 2, perhaps related to battery saving? I have submitted error log and they blame on signal strength, but do not address adjusting to non5G temporarily until 5G returns. Hope they fix in the next beta.
Senor02
Constellation
Options
Discussions
By any chance are you using ESIM? I switched to TMO esim and had horrible connectivity issues. I went back to a physical sim card.
0 Likes
useru9yOmKaclx
Cosmic Ray
Options
Discussions
No, using physical card. This started happening within the first 24 hours after beta 2.
0 Likes