Did you mean: 

Original topic:

Samsung Finder 🔍

(Topic created: 09-02-2023 04:25 PM)
Options
Discussions
Made the jump today with Beta 2.
Everything is smooth. 

Lost several modules from GoodLock, but that is to be expected. Not my first beta rodeo.

I do miss Samsung Finder.
This is a deep integrated search for the phone and it seems to be M.I.A.

0 Likes
13 Replies
missmotta
Comet
Options
Discussions
I am only able to locate it through the top of the recent apps screen. It is really odd that it would be removed completely unless they're replacing it with something else. 😕
I never realized how much I used it until it was gone.
Options
Discussions
You mean the spy glass :magnifying_glass_tilted_left: at the top. Yeah, I tap that and it does nothing. Crashing in the background.

Screenshot_20230902_200849_One UI Home.jpg
Shadowfalx
Comet
Options
Discussions
Mine is working. Have you cleared caches?

To find it in settings you need to enable "show system apps" in the sort menus (the little icon to the right of "your apps " header.

To get to finder settings you would use the 3 for menu in finder but finder isn't working for you. 1693750627968_1693750627951_0.jpg
0 Likes
Options
Discussions
Yes, did all that. The Finderder app still won't load. Screenshot_20230903_102059_Settings.jpgScreenshot_20230903_101942_Settings.jpgScreenshot_20230903_102034_Settings.jpg
0 Likes
Shadowfalx
Comet
Options
Discussions
Did you try clearing cache and fixing apps in recovery? Sometimes things get "stuck" when upgrading from one OS version to another.
0 Likes
Options
Discussions
What is the process of fixing apps in recovery?
0 Likes
Shadowfalx
Comet
Options
Discussions
It's an option in the recovery menu.

You can get to recovery either by ADB if you have it (adb reboot recovery) or by turning off the phone completely then pressing and holding volume up and power u til the Samsung logo. Continue holding volume up until you enter recovery.
Options
Discussions
Did that and selected repair apps on the recoveryovery screen.
No effect. Can't get Finder to open.
0 Likes
Shadowfalx
Comet
Options
Discussions
Strange that it's just a few people. Sorry it didn't help.
0 Likes