Did you mean: 

Original topic:

Samsung message

(Topic created: 09-04-2022 07:37 PM)
Pedro216
Comet
Options
Discussions
Samsung messages working better then Google messages.shows when text are reed,delivered and when people are writing back.
MoRadwan
Star
Options
Discussions
Is there any setting I should change to enable rcs in samsung messages?
0 Likes
Tom6068
Supernova
Options
Discussions
Google messages shows when a text is read. Unless Samsung has some useful features I'm all in on Google's messages app.

But as far as I remember, Samsung with the release of UI 4.1 (the S22 phones) defaulted the messages to Google's. Samsung still doesn't use the RCS format AFAIK. RCS is better than the SMS system.
0 Likes
NYHusker
Cosmic Ray
Options
Discussions
I was so very excited to use Google messages. But it is was very laggy when switching between conversations. I use a lot of one touch message widgets for people I text all the time and texting one person, then switching to a different person it would just hang. Sometimes for quite a while. To the point it felt like the phone just locked up completely. Switched back to the default Samsung message and problem went completely away.
0 Likes
Tom6068
Supernova
Options
Discussions
I guess perhaps it doesn't work for some. I've been using Google RCS messages almost 4 years now and have had no issues.
0 Likes
C4RR1LL0
Galaxy
Options
Discussions
Are you on the beta one ui 5.0?
0 Likes
Tom6068
Supernova
Options
Discussions
Yes
0 Likes
Dj_Damjano
Nebula
Options
Discussions
Have you tried clearing cache on GM?
I have also used it for few years and had no issues.
0 Likes
USBetaModerator2
Beta Moderator
Options
Discussions

Hello,
During beta program, the software is not yet certified by Google, and therefore Google Pay and other secure services may not work. We apologize for the inconvenience and will post a notice once it becomes certified by Google. You may try again at that time.
Regards,
One UI Beta Team

0 Likes
C4RR1LL0
Galaxy
Options
Discussions
Mine stopped working since the second beta update
0 Likes
USBetaModerator2
Beta Moderator
Options
Discussions

Hello,

Thank you for your feedback.  We appreciate your contribution to the Beta Program.

Regards,

One UI Beta Team

0 Likes